Where are the FFvtTR FX/Effects located?

Started by ZozmaSage, November 24, 2013, 05:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZozmaSage

I've been installing some FF FX/effects onto FFvtTR, but of course the END.nifs cause trouble with area powers. Simple solution: replace END.nifs with those already included with FFvtTR. Problem: I can't seem to find where any of those FX's are located. FFedit says they're in the library\fx\charactername, but I'm not seeing any folders like that, nor can I seem to find the files anywhere else. I've got hidden files visible, but that's not revealing anything. Are they simply inaccessible? If so, is there a place where I could download them?

spydermann93

I place my FX in Data/Art/library/fx/generic

ZozmaSage

I appreciate the quick response! However, that's not quite what I'm asking. I already know where to put my custom FX folders; what I'm looking for is where FFvt3R puts its FX folders during installation. That is, I want to know where to find and access Alchemiss' arcane bolt, El Diablo's flame project, Manbot's energy release, etc., so that I could use those nifs for other FX.

spydermann93

Quote from: ZozmaSage on November 24, 2013, 06:22:12 PM
I appreciate the quick response! However, that's not quite what I'm asking. I already know where to put my custom FX folders; what I'm looking for is where FFvt3R puts its FX folders during installation. That is, I want to know where to find and access Alchemiss' arcane bolt, El Diablo's flame project, Manbot's energy release, etc., so that I could use those nifs for other FX.

Ah, I see.

All of those files can be located in the art.ff file in the data folder.  Just open it with 7-zip or an equivalent program and you should be able to see all of the files.

ZozmaSage