News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Cyber's Requests

Started by Cyber Burn, September 16, 2013, 01:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

DJ, I am always open to hearing suggestions. The good thing about getting information/advice, it could always be applied to a variety of things. I'd love to hear what you had to say.

SA, that is just AWESOME! Way above what I could have hoped for, thank you! I can't wait till tonight to be able to check it out!

SickAlice

Welcome. It reminds me I need to squeeze in that " basic shapes " mesh sometime (Spider-man is eating up my free time right now, down to the skins and cleaning the keys right now).

Cyber Burn

I have to say that I am really looking forward to that Spider-Man Mesh.  :thumbup:

SickAlice

Sorry I wanted to get to this before. Again in most cases any 3d program has an option to make primitive shapes in which case a ring would be made by creating a Tube (Torus for a rounded one). But this is a long way to make one:

1.) Make a cylinder

2.) If it doesn't have 4 diameters make it so by increasing the faces x8 (in Blender it's Edges>Subdivide I think?).

3.) Working from the top view select and delete the innermost diameter of vertices

4.) Still from the top, select one vertice from the new inner diameter thereby selecting both the vertice on the top and the bottom. Merge (Weld) these two together.

5.) Then move around the ring doing the same for every vertice in the inner diameter

6.) Select all of the inner vertices you just merged and scale them out so they meet with the next outer diameter of vertices.

Your have a ring.

Cyber Burn

This is cool SA, I'm actually going to need a few pieces like this for another Skope, so this will be helpful. I finally installed Blender on my PC, now I just have to figure out what to do from there. There are a few things that I specifically want to do, but I'll post my questions in the proper forum sections.

Cyber Burn

This is a Group that I've been wanting to see in-game since I first started, but I've never been able to find them.

Team America

Does anyone know if these guys have ever been created for  :ff: or  :ffvstr:?

http://www.comicvine.com/thunderiders/4060-2171/

spydermann93

I don't think that they have, but Valandar's HarleyRider mesh would be a great place to start with them.

daglob

Tommy's Cycle Riders (Cap, Batman, Robin, maybe Wild Cat) might be of some use also.

Cyber Burn

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can Skope up for them.

On another note, has "Pollux" ever been Skinned?

Yes, I know he's kind of cheesy, but the OCD side of me would like to add him to my Flash Collection.  :D

daglob

I did that version of The Flash. Let me see what Photoshop will do...

Edit:

...when I get my computer working again... (Nothing serious-dying [not dead] hard drive).

SickAlice

I love the insignia, it's like a hodgepodge between some 80's hairband album cover and the Hard Rock Cafe logo. I can totally see that guy flashing the horns and thrashing his head up and down to Dokken right now.

hoss20

SA, I love the fact that you know/remember who Dokken is. You're my new best friend.  :kommandorox

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 15, 2014, 07:40:56 PM
...when I get my computer working again... (Nothing serious-dying [not dead] hard drive).

Now that is bad news, I hope everything works out alright.

Quote from: hoss20 on November 16, 2014, 06:58:33 AM
SA, I love the fact that you know/remember who Dokken is. You're my new best friend.  :kommandorox

Aw man, I hope you guys don't disown me, I was more of a Pink Floyd guy when I was a kid.

hoss20

Quote from: Cyber Burn on November 18, 2014, 01:26:28 AM

Quote from: hoss20 on November 16, 2014, 06:58:33 AM

Aw man, I hope you guys don't disown me, I was more of a Pink Floyd guy when I was a kid.

Hey, nothing wrong with that, either.

SickAlice

Not really, I'm more into Floyd (High Hopes off Pulse was playing on my mp3 player this week). I was just exposed to hair bands since they were what was an when I was " waves hand by knees " a kid. We had Head Bangers Ball and AlTV, not much air time for Floyd then. My coming of age band was actually NIN. These days my favored music is retrogame soundtracks.

BTW do you have Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade? I'm speaking of the two disk set that was recorded live at the Great American Music Hall, not the studio album Purple Onion (this is a pretty good album though as well). The first set ends on Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Irons version) and the second is Animals covered live in it's entirety. Real classy stuff and must own for Floyd fans imo.

daglob

Now I'm feeling kind of out of place, me listening more to James Taylor, Chicago, Carole King, and such. Although, I do have copies of "Are You Experienced?" and "Dark Side of the Moon" (like who doesn't?).

Anyway, preview pic of Pollux at Skin-A-Rama.

Cyber Burn

Chicago and Billy Joel were some of my favorites back in the day, along with Pink Floyd, they were right up there with Queen and Journey.

Pollux is fantastic!  :thumbup: This is very much appreciated. Thank you.

SickAlice

Never bit on Journey. My dad tried to get me into it. He bought me an Atari game based on one of their songs. Sounds silly I know but we also had a Porky's game complete with a naked woman sprite chasing your character about a shower room. Atari was odd. But that was about the sum of my experience with the band.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: SickAlice on November 21, 2014, 03:44:29 AM
Never bit on Journey. My dad tried to get me into it. He bought me an Atari game based on one of their songs. Sounds silly I know but we also had a Porky's game complete with a naked woman sprite chasing your character about a shower room. Atari was odd. But that was about the sum of my experience with the band.

I loved my Atari, but Nintendo really had me hooked with the Final Fantasy series.

As for my taste in Music, much of what I was exposed to, was because my Dad would blast his music in the Garage relentlessly. Most of his collection was from the late 70's to early 80's. The rest was Mariachi music. It didn't help that the Garage was right next to my bedroom.  :banghead:

daglob

Ah well, you could have an appreciation of Glenn Miller instead...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on November 22, 2014, 04:15:40 AM
Ah well, you could have an appreciation of Glenn Miller instead...

I think over the years, I've developed a pretty eclectic taste in music, mainly due to the variety of people that I've been exposed to. I have to say, I consider myself fortunate that I've never fallen into one category of taste, because now I have the option of exposing my Children to the same variety of music that I was.

But getting back on topic. While going through my old stuff, I found pics of these guys, they were some of my very first Skopes/Skins. I remember I had done them as a request for someone for a Mod that was never released, but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic, and would like to have these guys back in my ranks. They've long since vanished from my collection though.

Would anyone happen to have these guys floating around somewhere, and if so, would it be possible to send them my way please?

SickAlice

Diversified interest in music here as well. It more comes down to my taste for the individual songs rather than the genre. Except country. I have no distaste for it overall but short of a few songs it just isn't my season. My favorite band BTW is Portishead.

Never seen those, must have been during my hiatus? Really sharp work for early work though.

Cyber Burn

I don't remember when I previewed these guys, but it would have been quite a few years back. Looking at them, they should be pretty simple to replicate, but it's the principle of the matter that makes me more interested in the originals.

Cyber Burn

Well, I found the Skins for these guys, but not the Skope. I'll re-do those when I have some free time, maybe update the Skins as well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the next Request, does anyone have any suggestions for something that could be used as a Candy Cane? Maybe a hand-held Sword size?

Thank you for any help getting me in the right direction.

Deaths Jester

Doesn't Ink's Riddler have a cane close to the right look?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Thank you for replying DJ. I had checked out both, Ink's, and Tommyboy's, "Riddler" Meshes. Ink's is about the size I want, but it's more of a straight, rectangular piece, whereas Tommyboy's is rounder, which is more of what I'm looking for, but it doesn't quite have that "Candy Cane" shape. I tend to fail miserably when messing with Blender, but maybe I could try to alter the shapes of the canes to get what I'm looking for. Thanks again DJ.

Deaths Jester

Might also try the pulp versitile mesh.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

Thanks DJ, I know there were a couple of variants to the "Pulp Versatile", but the only cane I saw when looking was a straight one. But I think I found an alternate solution, I found a Candy Cane (.Obj) File on one of the 3d Model sites. I'm going to see if I can get that to work with what I want. Thanks again for your help DJ.

Cyber Burn

Edit: I moved the posts regarding my FX questions to the FX Forums. Should have put them there to begin with. Sorry about that.  :doh:

Cyber Burn

This is Marvel Comics' "Grand Director", an old Foe of Captain America, who had also worn the Captain's Costume for a while. I had Skoped/Skinned this guy once before, but I was never quite happy with it (As I've always said, I am not a Skinner), and I've always intended to re-do this Character. I finally found my Notebook of Recipes that was misplaced when my House flooded last year. So, now I am hoping to work in some of the Skopes I want to do for myself in between filling Requests for others.

Now I tried Skinning this Skope...at least 3 or 4 times...but I just couldn't hit "Delete" fast enough. Even the best result was embarrassing at best. I still need to adjust the Keyframes to better fit the individual Character, but while I am doing that, would anyone be interested in Skinning this for me please? I would be very much in your debt, thank you.