News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Hoss20 Skopes

Started by hoss20, August 10, 2013, 05:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

I was going to preview this in my Stuff I've Been Working thread, but since I'm not skinning it and it is solely a skoping project, I'm putting it here. I just got an itch to update this guy. Like a lot of skopes currently sitting incomplete on my computer, I did this one a little while ago. When I asked my good friend, Laughing Paradox, if he would be interested in skinning any of these skopes I'm looking to complete in the near future, he piped up regarding this one. It's the underappreciated son of Darkseid, Kalibak.

It uses Gren's Ulik_Gren mesh as a base. I've added some animations to make him a bit more diverse (left handed punches, ranged power blast with the Mega Rod, among others). LP and I both are fond of the costume in the animated version, so that's the look I decided to represented. The preview skin shown here is Afghan Ant's awesome Kalibak for male_heavy. I made a few adjustments to fit the skope.

Out of respect to AA, I won't release the skope with his skin. If you already have the AA skin, it can be easily plugged in there. I will wait for LP to finish his skin before I release the skope.  Keep an eye on LP's skinning thread for more collaborations from the two of us.

Cyber Burn

Very nice Hoss, I look forward to seeing the finished version.

AfghanAnt

Ha! That looks great. I'm glad you were able to use it.

windblown

Cool skope. It looks great.

spydermann93

daglob

The only thing I want to know is when can I get it.

Cyber Burn

I have to say Hoss, it is really great to know that you and LP are teaming up again, the two of you have produced some fantastic pieces of work.

hoss20

Quote from: AfghanAnt on August 10, 2013, 11:36:00 AM
Ha! That looks great. I'm glad you were able to use it.

Well, it's definitely my Kalibak skin of choice. I've thrown it on a few different meshes/skopes to try to get the character right. I finally decided to put some of effort into the skope instead of making just a functional one for myself. I do really like how the skin looks on it.

Thanks to everyone. I appreciate that you all like it.

Daglob, you'll get it when I release it and a second before!  :lol: Feel free to PM Laughing Paradox, as all I'm waiting on is his new skin. Yeah, I just threw him under the bus. Actually, I forgot to send it to him last night, so he's probably cussing me out right now.

laughing paradox

Ha.. guess what skope got bumped down on my to-do list? ;)

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: laughing paradox on August 11, 2013, 05:36:26 PM
Ha.. guess what skope got bumped down on my to-do list? ;)

i hope that this means that you two are back in the game, it would be seriously sweet to see laughing paradox skinning hoss20's skopes again
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

hoss20

So, here's another one that I've been sitting on for a while. I've given my good friend and skinning partner the benefit of the doubt about a hard drive crash and losing a lot of his work, as to why this hasn't been released yet.  :P Of course, he requested this skope in the first place, so ...... anyway, I digress. LP is working on his skin now, so I figured it would be okay to preview the skope. It's of a certain Earth-magic physician and former Avenger. The placeholder skin is primarily Tommyboy's from his awesome mesh and the face of Gren's ET_Druig mesh.

Starman

spydermann93

Hoss, I love your skopes.  They're always so brilliantly awesome! :D

windblown

He looks great! I love the skoped hair :lol:

cmdrkoenig67

Hoss, that Kalibak skope is great, as is the Dr Druid skope...Amazing work!

Dana

hoss20

Thank you all. My skinning partner has been under the weather lately, so it will be just a little while longer. I know that the good doctor is what he is working on now.

hoss20

So, now that Laughing Paradox has finally started skinning again, he's decided to actually skin some of the skopes that HE asked for. I kid because I care. :P
So, here's a finalized Dr Druid. LP likes the purple cloak and I prefer the blue one, so after he finished his awesome skin, I asked if he would mind if I skinned the different colored cloak as an alternate and he was cool with it. Because it was significantly lighter than the purple cloak, I felt it needed more texture detail and I hope it turned out OK.

LP is going to have a huge update at Force of Paradox, probably after he finishes up the Serpent Society skins (I hope). Because this is a collaboration, I'll wait for his update to release it on the site.

Cyber Burn

You guys make a great team, I always enjoy your collaborations. I check the site regularly for unannounced updates, so I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store.

laughing paradox

Aww, yeah! The good Doctor looks cool and I like both capes, to be honest.

The update will occur no earlier than a month from now.. I need time to pack things up and set the site up and fix some skins and etc. etc. etc.  :doh:

Helix

Sweet! I like options. Great job, guys!

AfghanAnt

I really like how you did the hood. He looks great.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: AfghanAnt on December 29, 2013, 01:59:05 PM
I really like how you did the hood. He looks great.

I hadn't noticed that before, if you don't mind me asking, what did you use for the hood's pieces?

hoss20

Thanks to all that like the good Doctor. LP always makes my stuff look much better.

Cyber, I used a few pieces for the cloak/hood:
1. Robe from male_sorcerer by Valandar - pruned all of the triangles necessary to leave the opening in front
2. Cape from vxBaron_Blitzkrieg - the cape itself comes around across the upper chest, so I thought it would work well and it's actually what you are seeing from the front
3. Hood from male_gni_versatile by Gni (compiled by Ewzzy) - I just pruned a few triangles off, rotated it backwards, and tried to blend it into the cape's neck piece

hoss20

While Laughing Paradox and I are on the Serpent Society kick (oh, yes, there's more to come), I figured I would try my attempt at all of the requests for an Anaconda with stretching animations. So, for your approval:

I apologize for the poor quality of the video sample. My video capture works well, but within Freedom Force, it went a bit wonky and there are sections where the background in the Rumble Room flashes black. It let's you see what I wanted you all to see, though.

I'm still finishing up on the keyframes to ensure that all pieces show up where they should and other pieces don't show up where they shouldn't. I've sent the skope to my skinning partner, LP, for a real skin as this one is just a huge kitbash for demo purposes.

windblown

Cooool!!  I especially like the grapple animation.

I had the same video issues with those black flashes before, but I'm using Fraps now and it works fine.

spydermann93

AfghanAnt

Dude! This is so great.  :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

Podmark

That's awesome Hoss! I love how our skopers are pulling out all these fancy skopes lately.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Ohh man, that is cool!  What a neat skope, Hoss!  That's great work. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/