Browncoats: Independece War

Started by bredon7777, May 23, 2013, 04:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredon7777

This looks really good, and its REALLY close to its goal.  I know we have a lot of Firefly fans here- can we maybe put it over the top?  No Pressure. :D

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/829136455/browncoats-independence-war-a-firefly-fan-film
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Tomato

... meh.

Here's the thing: Much as I loved Firefly, part of what made that show what it was is the vision and talent of Joss Whedon. And while Joss has gone on record saying he'd love to come back to the firefly universe, in interviews with him concerning the rise of kickstarter projects he's made it very clear that his work with Marvel Studios has left him with almost no time to even consider bringing back the universe.

I'm sorry, but that's a deal breaker for me. Firefly is Whedon's baby, and without him all this is is a glorified fan fic.

lugaru

The internet is gonna hate me for saying this but... I'm more interested in seeing what he will do Next.

I'm a guy who enjoys episodes, maybe seaons, of Buffy but I think that show was completely out of gas by the end.

Meanwhile Firefly, Dollhouse (probably my favorite), Dr. Horrible, his brief X-Men run, Avengers... I'm more interested in seeing his next project these days than having him go back to any of his old things. All his stuff starts out great, and if it gets canceled, well it ends great.  ;)