News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Male longhair?

Started by Helix, April 29, 2013, 06:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Is it possible to take the hair off of a female mesh (like INK's Black Canary or NewX_Jean) and drop on a male_basic_cape or male_hunter mesh? I thought surely someone had done it successfully, but it might just be wishful thinking. Specifically, I would like to skin these guys:

Helix

No? Nothing? Crickets?

hoss20

Give us a sec, geez!  :P

Do you want this for  :ff: or  :ffvstr: ?

Do you want Black Canary hair on one mesh and the NewX_ Jean hair on the other? I'm not recalling how each hair looks or I'd answer my own question.

Male_hunter looks like a good base for Nomad, but is there another mesh you'd like for the other guy? It's really just about pasting the hair to the head node, so it's not too tough to do. Since, you're, obviously, more familiar with these characters, is a Ren, Gren, or Ink mesh more appropriate? Just let me know what you'd like.

Edit: No offense to Beyonder (male_basic_cape is his, right?). We just have a lot of options these days.

Edit: Actually, would Ren's Sentry work? He already has the long hair. Depending on what you want to do with the cape on the first guy, we could skope a piece over the shoulders or swap out the cape entirely.

Helix

Actually, to make life as easy as possible for you, why don't we go with the hair from INK's Black Canary on both. As you said, Nomad on male_hunter should be pretty straight forward.

Azrael, on the other hand, is going to be a bit more complicated  :banghead:, so PLEASE tell me if you don't have the time and/or the inclination to do this. I promise there will be no hard feelings. I see every skope that someone does for me as a gift, but I certainly do not EXPECT people to do them for me. With that said - here is what the Azrael skope would need: Grenadier's Batman (2) mesh, the hair from INK'S Black_Canary, and the forearm gauntlets from Tommyboy's Superboy_Prime_Armour_tvlite. If the gauntlets don't work out - that's cool; The hair, cape, and keyframes are the most important features.

In a pinch, yes, Renegade's Sentry mesh would work if you could slap the cape from Gren's Batman_2 mesh on him.

Any questions, thoughts, ideas, or bad names you feel the need to call me? Haha! Let me know what works best for you and what meshes you need if you choose to accept these requests.

Sincerely,
Tyler

hoss20

This won't be a problem at all. Which version of the game do you want these for? Also, I haven't come across Gren's Batman_2 mesh, unless it's buried in one of his Yahoo groups. I searched the Megalist, but couldn't find it.  Did you mean Ink's Batman_v2 or Gren's latest Batman mesh that was on Champions? I have both of these, but would need the mesh you're referencing or, at least, where I can find it.

For anyone else interested in these, if Helix wants this for  :ffvstr: and I can build these from pieces that work in  :ff: and don't need converting, then I will try to do that. If a  :ffvstr: skope is requested and it needs converting, then it will be a 3rd Reich skope.

Helix

Hoss:

(a) Yes, I mean Gren's latest version of Batman that was on Champions. His first version had the white ghosting at the sculpted end of the cape...like male_alpha used to. The newer version doesn't.
(b) If you could build them for FF1, I can convert them later.
© You are awesome!
(d) Let me know if you need anything else or have any suggestions.
(e) You are awesome!

hoss20

Well, unfortunately, Gren's latest Batman needs to be converted for  :ffvstr:. Most of his later meshes need conversion.

Also, do you want the belt to look as it does in the pic? I'd really like to get things as accurate as possible. Does it angle downward to the buckle or is that just how it looks?

I have a charity event that I'm working all weekend, dawn to dusk (actually, much later than that), so I'll get work on these as soon as I can.

Helix

:huh:
Me:  If you could build them for FF1, I can convert them later.
You:  Well, unfortunately, Gren's latest Batman needs to be converted for  :ffvstr:. Most of his later meshes need conversion.
:blink:

Are we talking about the same kind of conversion? I just run the FF1 meshes through nif converter. Is there more to it than that? I just thought it would be easier to build for FF1 so the meshes could be used in both games. If it's built for FFvTR then there is no way to retro-convert it. I also thought it would be easier skoping since the original meshes were all for FF1 anyway. At any rate, I really just want you to do what is easiest for you, bro.

Yes his belt angles down toward the buckle. I certainly don't expect you to do that much work on it, but feel free to monkey around with the belt if you want to. I leave all creative decisions in your capable hands.

Cyber Burn

Gren's Aquaman mesh has that type of belt, and it fits on his Batman mesh.

spydermann93

Quote from: Helix on May 03, 2013, 10:02:56 PM
:huh:
Me:  If you could build them for FF1, I can convert them later.
You:  Well, unfortunately, Gren's latest Batman needs to be converted for  :ffvstr:. Most of his later meshes need conversion.
:blink:

Are we talking about the same kind of conversion? I just run the FF1 meshes through nif converter. Is there more to it than that? I just thought it would be easier to build for FF1 so the meshes could be used in both games. If it's built for FFvTR then there is no way to retro-convert it. I also thought it would be easier skoping since the original meshes were all for FF1 anyway. At any rate, I really just want you to do what is easiest for you, bro.

Yes his belt angles down toward the buckle. I certainly don't expect you to do that much work on it, but feel free to monkey around with the belt if you want to. I leave all creative decisions in your capable hands.

I personally go a bit further than just running through the nif converter; I convert all skin files to .dds files and I run the mesh through a ghosting-fix python script that can be found on the FRP2 site.

Helix

Ah. Thank you for the explanation, Spyder. I was confused. What is the advantage of converting the .tga files to .dds?

Helix

Thank you, Cyber! I'll take a look at that.

spydermann93

Quote from: Helix on May 04, 2013, 01:09:52 AM
Ah. Thank you for the explanation, Spyder. I was confused. What is the advantage of converting the .tga files to .dds?

For some meshes (not all), there seems to be an error that displays on .tga-based skins that makes the gloss on heroes turn to a pink color, giving you pink heroes/villains.

If the skin is in .dds format, that will not happen. I convert skins solely because of this reason.

Also, if you have a mesh with multiple skins, be sure to make all skins in either .tga or .dds format. If you have a mix of the two, only the .dds skins will show in-game.  If you select a .tga skin with a .dds skin present on the mesh, then you will get the appearance of the .dds skin rather than the .tga skin.

Helix

Again, thank you for explaining this to me, bro! Now I know how to fix a couple of skopes I have that suffer from the pink problem.

hoss20

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 03, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
Gren's Aquaman mesh has that type of belt, and it fits on his Batman mesh.

Thanks, Cyber. That will work perfectly.

Helix, I was just saying, "unfortunately" for those who were wanting an FF1 skope. I don't have  :ff: installed anymore and I'm not even sure that I have the CD anywhere. That's why I work exclusively in  :ffvstr:. I wouldn't want to make an FF1 skope that I couldn't check out in CTool to make sure everything looked and moved properly. I would love to make a skope that could be used for both games, but since I've only got 3rd Reich installed, this particular skope will have to be 3rd Reich as the Batman mesh needs conversion. Since this was your request to begin with and you use  :ffvstr:, then I'm cool with that. I was just trying to please the masses, but can't with the pieces being used.

Now, on a creative note, does this version of Azrael have the blades that come out of his bracers/gauntlets? If so, do you want them to show on the skope? Right arm? Left arm?
Just let me know.

Helix

Honestly, I hadn't thought about the blades. I don't think they are that important because once you apply fiery FX in the game, you can't really see the blades anyway. But, I'll leave the decision to add them or not add them up to you.

hoss20

Do you want the fire FX? I'm sorry that I'm not that familiar with the character. I do know that he's had a few incarnations with differing powers. I was looking at a few pics online that I could find of this particular costume and I didn't see any with the flames, like he has with the red and gold costume with the hood.

Edit: Also, it's not a problem at all to add the FX. I'd rather do it right.

Helix

I believe that all versions of Azrael have the gauntlet blades in common. What I meant was that when "you" (meaning anyone using the skope) apply even built-in FX, like flaming fist, the blades won't be that visible anyway...so I don't consider them as important as other elements of the his costumes. But this IS your skope and your work, so if you want them, then by all means, add them.

The FX are also your call, bro. I feel like I have asked more than enough of you already.