Has Batgirl (Babs) ever received training from Batman

Started by captmorgan72, May 21, 2013, 06:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captmorgan72

She was recently added to Injustice and I don't know much about her. I did some research via google but it doesn't appear that she was trained by Batman. How is her fighting skills?

Tomato

it all depends on how much they've altered continuity with the new 52. She started as a talented gymnast who worked and a librarian, but some interpretations have her training with Batman at some point after she started.

BentonGrey

I think that it is pretty logical in the old continuity that she would have trained with Batman and Robin some after she had been taken into the "Bat Family." 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Starman

I know she got training from Richard Dragon at one point ... the number one martial artist in the DCU, who also taught Batman, The Question, etc.

captmorgan72

Wow, she is really a bada$$ in Injustice. She has some really great moves that seem very influenced by ninjitsu. I've been playing as her for a couple hours now and her ending in the classic battle against regime Supes is very cool. Her clash dialogue with Bats, Catwoman and Nightwing is also very cool. I wonder if she is this bada$$ in the comics?

Podmark

Quote from: captmorgan72 on May 22, 2013, 12:39:25 AM
Wow, she is really a bada$$ in Injustice. She has some really great moves that seem very influenced by ninjitsu. I've been playing as her for a couple hours now and her ending in the classic battle against regime Supes is very cool. Her clash dialogue with Bats, Catwoman and Nightwing is also very cool. I wonder if she is this bada$$ in the comics?

Well I wouldn't necessarily take Injustice as a measure of a characters abilities since it's a alternate future story.

Hard for me to comment on Babs in the comics. She was wheel chair bound for well over a decade and I haven't read any of her New 52 series. She's definitely acrobatic and probably a decent fighter. I remember as Oracle she could kick arse even when in the chair.
Of course Cassandra was the real fighter of the Batgirls. I'd love to see her in Injustice.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

New 52 Batgirl is a great book. Gail Simone is my favorite.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

captmorgan72

Quote from: BWPS on May 22, 2013, 02:01:52 AM
New 52 Batgirl is a great book. Gail Simone is my favorite.
I have read up to issue 6. I really like this character and book. Injustice introduced me to Babs and after reading her books I am a fan. In the comics she seems to do very well despite her talking about being out of practice and luck seems to be on her side a lot too. She mentioned she was Batman's star pupil, so that answers my earlier question about her training. Her and Dick obviously have feelings for each other which surprises me that there is no clash dialogue reflecting this in Injustice. 

Ares_God_of_War

If the game adds Power Girl as DLC I will buy it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."