Just venting: My Red Tornado is awful, again!

Started by ElijahSnowFan, March 06, 2013, 02:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElijahSnowFan

So, yeah. Because this game satisfies a great number of my OCD tendencies, I still fire it up and do watch mode pretty consistently.

Of course, being OCD means that I can't help but search for the perfect Hero Files...which, of course, is ridiculous. I admit it. The game has limitations, there are only so many power slots, etc.

In short: Yes, I admit I'm ridiculous. I know this.  :banghead: :banghead:

But after spending yet another 60 minutes on Red Tornado's hero file/ai, even I have to admit one thing: I'm about over this character. Over the course of this game, I easily have done at least 10 hero files, with game testing/tweaking taking me to more than 24 hours of my life spent on one character. Easily.

I'm confessing this in this forum because, again, I'm over Reddy. I can't get him right. I don't know why -- it shouldn't be that difficult. I'm experienced at this stuff. But this character...I give up. Reddy and magic users...bah.  :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :banghead: :cool:

bearded

not entirely on topic, but still, close.
could you post the perfect way to set up watch mode? along with how to set up the ai? i think i would like watch mode, but have never been able to set it right.

BentonGrey

What gives you so much trouble about him ESF?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

laughing paradox

Random question: Hey ESF... do you post on the Outhouse?!

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: bearded on March 06, 2013, 08:38:52 PM
not entirely on topic, but still, close.
could you post the perfect way to set up watch mode? along with how to set up the ai? i think i would like watch mode, but have never been able to set it right.

Hey, Bearded! I'll absolutely do my best to do that, to the best of my ability -- I'm certainly not the resident expert on this and I admit up front that whatever I might be saying is material others either wrote before or taught me, so I don't want to make it seem like I know a ton. But I'll try to come up with how I have mine set up -- it's been a while, so I have to think about that one a bit!

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: BentonGrey on March 06, 2013, 10:27:58 PM
What gives you so much trouble about him ESF?

For whatever reason, I just can't seem to get his AI script to handle his powers whenever I put "conditions" on them -- it is the most baffling thing. I've done hundreds of these, but every once in a while, I run across a hero file/script that simply will not respond the way any/every other one I have does.

I've troubleshot Reddy so many times, it's ridiculous -- sometimes, with the exact same coding I've used with other characters. There's something embedded in that mesh or hero file that just will not work properly -- it is beyond me.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: laughing paradox on March 07, 2013, 12:50:10 AM

Ha! Maybe....just maybe...I do!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool:

ElijahSnowFan

So, of course...after literally years of suffering in silence, what happens the day after I whine about not being able to get a Red Tornado I like?

I finally figured out how to get one working. Man. There are days when this game can be infuriating...but at least this time, I think the character might be useful. ^_^

Bearded: I'm writing something up for you, as well -- but again, I'm totally riding on the expertise of others, so if anyone out there sees anything I write -- like, for instance, if someone like Taskmaster X says, "HEY! That's one of my AI tricks!" -- I'm absolutely not saying your ideas were mine! I am a mere student in the ways of this game!  :cool:

laughing paradox

Quote from: ElijahSnowFan on March 07, 2013, 10:02:00 PM
Quote from: laughing paradox on March 07, 2013, 12:50:10 AM

Ha! Maybe....just maybe...I do!  :thumbup: :thumbup: :cool:

Hey, nice. I've been posting there for the past year... I like it. I recognized your name there.

Also, yeah... Red Tornado, or most wind-based character can be a pain in the butt.