Mockingbird Lane

Started by Midnite, October 15, 2012, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

QuoteThe "reimagined" Munsters series, being touted as a one hour dramedy, now has a new name to further distance itself from arguably one of the best sitcoms in TV history from which draws its inspiration.

Mockingbird Lane as in 1313 Mockingbird Lane, the address where the ghoulish clan plus one sexy bombshell of a niece reside. Of course, the same address was used in the original classic series, however, as promised – there will be some new twists for the updated version. A handsome Herman, a pet store employee Lily, an angst filled teen Eddie, a literally bloodthirsty Grandpa, and the beautiful and still black sheep Marilyn.

The series is written by Pushing Daisies creator Bryan Fuller and the pilot episode will be directed by X – Men's Bryan Singer. NBC has greenlighted the pilot which is now in its casting stage.

Mockingbird Preview

catwhowalksbyhimself

That news is WAY out of date.

The latest is that they passed on the series, but will still air the pilot as a holiday special to recoup costs.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BWPS

Hey you know that show about monsters? Let's remake it, but they won't be monsters.

Oh, so a show about nothing?

Yeah!

Like Seinfeld?

Well, no, it's not going to be funny.

Oh, so it's a not funny, no monster remake of a funny show about monsters.

Bingo.

Eh, I'll greenlight a pilot but only because I had cinder blocks repeatedly dropped on my head as part of NBC's corporate training.

I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Well look at the new Beauty and the Beast where the "beast" is a drop dead gorgeous guy with a really really tiny scar to account for his beatliness (and he also "vamps out" but still looks ridiculously good looking when he does.)

So yeah, Hollywood Ugly taken to ridiculous lengths.

JeyNyce

But it has Portia de Rossi, Jerry O'Connell & Eddie Izzard, how could it not be a hit.  It has a great cast, but the setup is all wrong.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

lugaru

Honestly I'm 100% an Adams Family guy (I even own some Charles Addams cartoon books in Mexico, very far side). So for me I look at this and say "oh wow, this is something brand new".

I hope it is at least a little funny, given how silly the premise is. Beyond that some scares mixed with Soap Opera would be nice, I got hooked on that with American Horror Story (and I think The Walking Dead show could use more laughs).

catwhowalksbyhimself

I saw it.  Didn't think it was that funny, and definitely different from the old series.  It's dark.  Very dark.  Perhaps somebody else likes humor like that, but it just didn't really interest me in that way.

EDIT:  Just to be clear, it wasn't horrible.  The production values were good, as were the special effects, and they seem to have thought the whole thing through pretty carefully when trying to reimagine it for modern audiences, I just wasn't sure what it was supposed to be--horror or comedy or drama.