Possibly a rookie mistake, but I can't figure it out

Started by Arachobia, August 08, 2014, 11:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachobia

Hey all.

I have been feeling my way into the new mods, helped quite a lot by Alex's Feedom Fortress. I at least managed to get FFX 3 to work. I tried out liberty bay and  Legion of Super Heroes.

Problem is, I now can't seem to get back to 'regular' FFX3. I am not sure if I messed up my shortcuts or something. At the momet my shortcut reads: "F:\Games\GOG.com\FFvTTR\ffvt3r.exe" -game ffx3 -log, but it takes me into the Liberty Bay mod. If I delete the -game ffx3 -log part it takes me into FFvTTR, but it does not seem to register the new attributes and powers (So mentor can't TK lift, Minuteman can't "leap to" etc.) In fact, on the liberty bay mod the same issue has occurred.

I am not sure if I accidentally overwrote something while installing mods. Is there any solution that doesn't require me uninstalling and reinstalling everything?

Thanks

Epimethee

Weird bug... My shots in the dark:

a) The non-traditional game path (the default path of the original version of the game was C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe) cause some issue. The FFX installer shouldn't have been confused by that, as it queries the system for the actual game path, but...?

b) If you're using Windows 7 or 8, the virtual folders feature and permission level (are you running the game logged as administrator?) be the culprit? http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-to-disable-virtualstore-in-windows-7/55dce284-0dcd-46af-892e-d2b9cf5bcff6

Suggestions, for what they're worth:
– Run the game as administrator if it's not already the case. Pre-2006 games and mods expect full access to the system.
– Make a copy of the ffx3 folder to a different name (say, ffx3testpath). Create a *new* shortcut (shortcuts can get corrupted) and edit it to point to the new mod ("F:\Games\GOG.com\FFvTTR\ffvt3r.exe" -game ffx3testpath -log). If it still doesn't work, does the regular ffx3 shortcut still point to Liberty Bay?
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Arachobia

Thanks Epimethee, but in the end I just re-installed everything as I realized something weird was up with FFX3 itself. But it's working fine now.

I did have a question about FFX3 though as well, which came up.

With using rider powers, if you want to make a character that, for example, has two acid damage attacks; one that has a secondary chance of causing acid burn and then the other that causes blindness, how would you do so? I can't seem to configure a character to do both; either he will do acid damage and then burn and blind instead of stun, or it will just do one. I still am not sure how to do this, or even if it is possible? 

hoss20

Because Carrier Attacks are made possible only through swapping out Stun on a specific power, you are only able to create one Carrier Attack power. In essence, if you create a Carrier Attack, any power that contains Stun will look to bring the Carrier Attack, but FFX can only assign one swap to the Stun.

For your example, I would suggest just making the first power a straight Acid Burn power and make your Carrier Attack power for the second Acid attack with a chance for Blindness.

I hope I didn't confuse you. Feel free to keep posting questions.

Arachobia

No confusion. That does make sense, and it is what I initially thought, but I wondered if there was a way to do it at all.