News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Today is a very important day.

Started by captainspud, January 09, 2012, 06:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BlueBard on January 12, 2012, 02:50:16 PM
{Sniff} Aww.  See?  Our little Reep has grown up.

(Kidding aside, Reep, couldn't have said it better...)

Reep actually grew up?!?!?!  I cannae believe it!!

(I'll post something serious here later)
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

JeyNyce

Spud is getting soft on us, wow I never thought I would see the day.

Here's a little trivia for you guys here:  Does anybody remember the site that had the list of the original Titans?

Give yourself a cookie if you do.  I tried looking for the site, but I believe it's no longer up
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: JeyNyce on January 13, 2012, 09:58:33 PM
Spud is getting soft on us, wow I never thought I would see the day.

Here's a little trivia for you guys here:  Does anybody remember the site that had the list of the original Titans?

Give yourself a cookie if you do.  I tried looking for the site, but I believe it's no longer up

Only site I can think of would be "Electric Freedom"

cmdrkoenig67

Such a nice thread >sniff<...Happy ten yrs, FF...It really doesn't seem that long ago (although, it's only been about 9 yrs for me).  It's also good to hear from you folks we haven't heard from in a while.

Dana  :D

MJB

Quote from: captainspud on January 09, 2012, 06:29:43 AM
So, even though I'm not here anymore, and most of the people I'd like to thank aren't either, and even a few of the ones who are here basically aren't on speaking terms with me anymore (more on that in a sec), I'm just going to pretend all of that isn't true and give a decade's worth of shout-outs.

• I'd like to thank MJB for being my last super-fan. Even when I gave everyone a perfectly justifiable reason to decide enough was enough, MJB stuck by me. You did a lot more for me over the years than that, but it's for that that I'm most thankful. I didn't deserve the esteem in which you held me.

I have been, and always will be, a fan of yours, Spuddles. I enjoy your art, sense of humor, skins, etc... But I've thought of myself as a super-friend more than a super-fan for a long time.

So thanks for the kind words about a little game we picked up 10 years ago that gave us all something to smile about. Freedom Force has brought me some of my greatest (and only) friends I have.

You have inspired me to give this place another shot. I never fully left but I have purposefully pulled back from posting. Thanks for that.

XStream

MJB! Glad to see that you found your way back also. I don't know why I stopped posting, but it has been a lot of fun the past few weeks to catch up with FR and some of those old friends that I haven't spoken with in a while. See you around the boards.
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

juancho

10 years already?

WOW! it's fantastic to see how much this comunity has actually outgrown a comon gaming comunity.
I havent played FF in ages but I'm still here at FR and will always be. I have soooo many many memories. I just want to thank each and everyone of you who makes FR into a big (and crazy) family

lugaru

Also for some reason every time I see the title of this thread, I have this song pop into my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZy-NN8xrU

BWPS

I didn't read that but I just want you to know you're a beautiful man and I love you.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

gdaybloke

Git offa my lawn, that lotta ya! ;)

Spud pretty much summed it up nicely, and proved (for those who actually read through the entire post) what I've argued for years now. He's a git... but he's our git, and under all that gittishness, he's just a tad less gittish than he seems.

Without FR there'd be no Spud/Gdaybloke, there'd be no Lost Hemisphere. It all had to start somewhere, and FR was the genesis of something that I love dearly.

Thanks to everyone who's been a part of that.

MJB

ZOMG!! It's Gday!! Someone grab him & force him to stick around for a while.

I'd do it but I'm allergic to hamsters & Vegemite.

gdaybloke

You're also apparently a zombie. Go fig.

Reepicheep

*Sets a mousetrap with a milk dud and waits.*

XStream

Poohbah! Great to see you on the boards!
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Kommando

Awesome stuff. FF does seem to be the at the root of everything.

The Phantom Eyebrow

Fantastic thread, this, thanks for the memories.  And it's great to see so many of the old stagers making an appearance here too!   :thumbup:

I might be a fresh-faced newcomer, who didn't join the boards until the giddy years of 'aught-three, but I can still appreciate the landmark involved here.  And although I too have dropped away in activity levels here, I still consider this to be my favourite little corner of the interweb, and a nicer bunch I couldn't hope to have stumbled across in many's a click.

TigerStyle

Thanks for the post Spud.  It brings back a lot of memories from Electric Freedom to the Gamma Patrol of Liechtenstein.  Miss you guys, but real life has been getting the way for the last several years

Tommy Troy

Spud, you're quite a guy.  I always knew that you had a heart of gold lurking beneath that thick crust, and I'm very happy you let it show this once.   :)

Ten years. I've missed an awful lot of them because of R/L - three teenagers into high school and out of college, many years of caring for my wife's elderly mother, and way too many deaths.  Now I'm three years from retirement (yes, I'm *that* old)  :unsure: and I've hit a pocket of calm.  I've missed you all, and I hope to be around here more in the years to come.
DCUO Toons: The Fly, Venusian Voyager, Eagle Woman, Congorella, Flying Fortress, and 12 others!

DireWolf

Well said, S[ud. When i think of all the changes in my life over the last 10 years, it's enough to make an old guy like me think of mortality (and really good fries...).

Cyber Burn

Ten years, wow. It's also great to see what appears to be some old schoolers returning. Welcome back all.

Zapow

It's pretty amazing that we're all still trucking here after ten years considering all the drama and setbacks we've faced. That just goes to show the strength of our community. I want to thank you all for your years of contributing to this place and doing whatever we needed to do to keep it together. Thank you also for putting up with me when I acted like a dick. No matter what happens I know I can always come back here and there is a place for me and that means a lot.
[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

DrMike2000

Wow! Glad to see you're still around - my first and favourite internet community.

But no kidding? Was that really ten years ago I ran down town to buy Freedom Force?
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

Zetor

Remember, remember, the 9th of January! Or something. Well, for me it was more like March or so - had to import a copy.

This is one of my favorite internet communities as well -- it has remained greatly productive and amazingly helpful over the years. Through thick and thin, from Crave forums to ezboards and the hub, not to mention all the incarnations of Minuteman's sticky thing! If anything, I now feel bad how I left my voicepack and mod projects unfinished for so long... I should probably finish up the first episode of my Anachronox mod and/or port it to FF2 at least.

Here's to another 5-10 years... and I'd say Freedom Force 3, but I'm not THAT much of an optimist. :P

For Freedom!

-- Z.
VoxForce -- Ye Olde Voicepacke Collectione
Anachroforce -- Ambitious Mods 'R Us (old old beta version)
CoH: @Zaphir (Check out my Architect missions!)

thalaw2

I've only ever joined a discussion forum based on the experience of 2 games...and FF was the one I stuck with.  Such a great community!  I can't believe it's been 10 years.  There have been many times FR has faced shutdown but the guys and gal in the back office always find a way to keep us going. 

We're all awesome!  We're pretty!
革命不会被电视转播