News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skin/mesh editing

Started by SpeightM09, April 05, 2012, 03:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeightM09

howdy  :thumbup:
just to get this straight before i delve into my problem, i am completely new at this, though i have been playing FF for a long time.
Right now I am only concerned with the first one, cos i am having mucho problemo editing skins (not so much meshes, but still)
i have downloaded the character tool, photoshop and paint shop pro, and have followed tutorials the likes of which Gryphon and someone else i can't remember the name of made, and still i can get no results! what am i doing wrong?

My OS is Windows Vista, and im wondering if this has summat to do with it. so if you could help me out here, tell me which programs i need and how to get/use them, i would be much obliged :)

BTW, am new to this forum, so if this has been posted before and i'm just repeating summat someone else has said, then if you could redirect me that would be cool  :)

cheers all

Cyber Burn

Welcome to the boards SpeightM09. What kind of problems are you having with skin editing? Is there an error messege? Is the skin edit not saving?

SpeightM09

nope no error messages or saving issues...yet. oh, and thanks  :D no just so far i can't actually edit anything despite all the programs i've got and whatnot. i dunno what to do or use. like i said, my OS is Vista and am wondering if that has summat to do with it

Cyber Burn

When I first started running Vista, there were settings that prevented me from altering any files. Check your properties and see if your files are "Read only".