Arrow (Green Arrow) TV series

Started by Midnite, March 20, 2012, 05:32:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: Spade on February 02, 2015, 10:34:47 AM
Question was hinted for season 2,so he was probably moved up.Connor is 7-8 years old now.Everything is possible for others,I guess.

Conner is currently in Central City with his mother.  He's probably way too young to be part of the show.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

thalaw2

I'm still hoping to see Wally West.  Anything is possible with time travel.  I realize it would be a rather strange fit, but the writers have given me reason to trust that it can be pulled off as awesomeness. 
革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

I know most of Batmans rouges are now tied to Gotham,but I think Lock-Up would fit nicely into Arrow.
''Even our origin stories have gone sour.''
Jon Farmer

crimsonquill

Folks have been dying to get a peak at ATOM's Armor, well... Entertainment Weekly got the exclusive photo of it:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/03/arrow-first-look-brandon-routh-suits-atom

What do you all think?
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Starman

It looks like Rollerball. What's the purpose of the armour? Is he going to shrink or does it just give him increased strength, like an exo-skeleton?

Silver Shocker

Look alright, but makes me think that purposely made him look vaguely like the new Ant-Man costume.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

革命不会被电视转播

HarryTrotter

That Chinese stealth armor from Fallout 3,now looks good.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

It seems now that every hero's costume is either armor based or tight leather.  Would you prefer Atom with a tight red & blue leather outfit? 
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

HarryTrotter

They used an armor from Fallout 3 as a placeholder for the actual design,thats all I was saying.
Armor is okey,just maybe the visor  is a little off.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

A lott of twists in the latest episode.Malcolm is making a heel-face turn,or is he?
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Lots of stuff happened
Spoiler

The street fight was so Dark Knight Rises lol. Ollie's return seemed kinda rushed. Also would have preferred if they actually explained how he survived in the first place instead of just ta-dah!-he's alive and well. I'm ok without it but still. I liked Malcolm this week, nice character growth. Wish Wildcat had a better costume, still was good to see him (he got owned though). As for Felicity, dunno she's way too narrow minded IMO. Oliver is not gonna be bff with Merlyn, he's just means to and end.

Thought IGN's summary for this episode was pretty funny- "Malcolm in the middle".

Silver Shocker

Still enjoying the show, but I just want to add one thing: Regardless of whether or not he was any good as Juggernaut, Vinnie Jones makes a great mob boss. Reminded me a bit of Jason Stathem. I honestly would have been fine if they cast him as the Kingpin.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

thalaw2

Malcolm was awesome.  I want to see more of him.  He's the only real father figure character now.  The show has a serious lack of elders. 
Spoiler
I wanted to see Malcome go upside Brick's head a bit more than he did...not kill him, but I wanted to see a fight. 

I agree that Ollie came back too soon.  I wanted to see more of what the team could do without him.  There was some great development going on.
革命不会被电视转播

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote from: thalaw2 on February 10, 2015, 01:04:29 PM
I agree that Ollie came back too soon.  I wanted to see more of what the team could do without him.  There was some great development going on.

This episode dealt with Ollie dealing with said development.  It resulted in

Spoiler
Ollie decides that Team Arrow can handle things without him and leaves the city with Thea to go training, so we'll continue to see the team without Ollie for a while yet.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Starman

Between the increasingly convoluted plotline, the almost anime-esque shipping, and the Laurel character / Katie Cassidy's acting, this show is losing me :(

HarryTrotter

We had Bat-family,we had Spider-family,now meet Arrow-FAMILY.
Jon Farmer

HarryTrotter

Doug Jones will be playing Deathbolt.Expect his debut in episode 19.
Jon Farmer

bat1987

Quote from: Starman on February 13, 2015, 12:20:54 AM
Between the increasingly convoluted plotline, the almost anime-esque shipping, and the Laurel character / Katie Cassidy's acting, this show is losing me :(

Previous season was better IMO. It's still a good show, but ya, lots of weird stuff going on.

Spoiler
They are again in the Batman territory with the"will you be my heir" thing. Not a fan of that

JeyNyce

I don't understand why there wasn't a Batman TV show.  They are taking everything of Batman and putting Green Arrow in it.  Some times I think it may have been better to just give GA Batman's history in the comics.

thalaw2

I agree that this last episode went waayyy into Batman territory.  But this was a very good Batman storyline and it's likely that there will not be a Batman TV series for a long time.  Also, it doesn't exactly exclude this from happening in a Bats series.  I still like the show a lot and I just wish the subplots were better. 

Spoiler
I haven't read an ATOM comic for a very long time.  Does he fly around like that now?  No more catching air currents and stuff?
革命不会被电视转播

Starman

The CW shows riff heavily on superhero films... Arrow with Nolan's Batman films, The Flash with Spiderman, now The Atom with Iron Man.

As a comic fan, it's strange watching the show ripping off storylines from Batman comics.

HarryTrotter

Anyone read season 2.5?
If not,you should,its great.To avoid spoilers,im gona be short here.It finishes the Church of Blood storyline and sets up the Suicide Squad for season 3.
Jon Farmer

justintyme2174

I've been reading Season 2.5 and have really enjoyed it.  It was nice to see the return of a certain character this week. 

HarryTrotter

Suicide Squad is gonna be a lott different.
Spoiler
Basicly only Deadshot is still around.

I was actually wondering what happend to
Spoiler
Helena
Jon Farmer

Starman

Killing
Spoiler
Bronze Tiger
off screen and replacing him with Cupid = disappointing. I dislike Cupid intensely ... lame comic character, way too much attention on "Arrow" purely due to her creator.

HarryTrotter

Its on screen in 2.5 like I said.There is even a funeral,kinda touching.
I think Slade and Boomerang will also be in the new squad.
Jon Farmer

JeyNyce

Quote from: Starman on March 09, 2015, 05:00:08 AM
Killing
Spoiler
Bronze Tiger
off screen and replacing him with Cupid = disappointing. I dislike Cupid intensely ... lame comic character, way too much attention on "Arrow" purely due to her creator.

That was dumb.  That was a great character and wasn't even fully develop yet in the show.

HarryTrotter

Spoiler
Lazarus Pit confirmed

Also season 2.5 has Lock-Up.Called that one long time ago.  :thumbup:
Jon Farmer

thalaw2

Is Ray Palmer the ATOM or Iron Man?  This show is confusing. 
革命不会被电视转播