Vague Memories

Started by BentonGrey, February 08, 2012, 04:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Alrighty folks, once again I am appealing to the gathered wisdom of FR.  I'm trying to remember a movie I saw ages ago, back when I was a kid.  I've only got the vaguest memories of it, but I feel like it HAD to be a product of the 80's, and I'm hoping that y'all can help me identify it because I've been curious about it for years.  It was about some kids that somehow ended up in a world with anthropomorphic dinosaurs and cavemen, but there was some type of Flintsontes-esq technology as well.  Does that ring any bells?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BentonGrey

Ah-ha!  I did some digging a bit earlier and discovered that what I was remembering was Adventures in Dinosaur City....and WOW was it bad!  Ha, I tracked it down a little while ago, and it is pretty awful.  I suppose that this is further proof that I'd watch anything with dinosaurs in it when I was a kid.  This and Dinosaucers prove it...

So, just in case anyone else remembered this thing, there you go.  It's been bugging me for years because I didn't know.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

lugaru

Yeah, have not seen it, but recently I took almost a day trying to figure out the name of an awful tournament swordfighting movie, turns out it was Ring of Steel.

UnkoMan

I loved Dinosaur City as a kid... and because of that I have purposefully not tried tracking it down.
In fact... ever since I rewatched a couple TMNT episodes, and the He-Man christmas special, I feel like I should just leave well enough alone.

Which is funny because I was totally one of the people who complained about kids' shows these days not being as good. But they are actually much better. Brave and Bold? That show is great.

lugaru

Oh btw... In Mexico there was a small handful of shows where they completely threw out the script when "dubbing", and rewrote every line from scratch.

That included the Dinosaucers and Count Duckula, which went on to become huge cult favorites because they where not only well localized for a Mexican audience but they where almost an early "adult swim" style show, very much with humor for both little kids and adults.

detourne_me

hehehe, Lugaru, that sounds like the English dubbed version of Samurai Pizza Cats!
also, duckula was pretty out there, even in normal english.

also, i just rewatched Cool World... not good!

BentonGrey

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this.  I can't help it Unko, though it would probably be wiser to let well enough alone.  I have to know what these vague, half-remembered shows were!  I don't know that kid's shows are better these days.  On the whole I'd say they are pretty awful, but there are a few sterling examples.  I still firmly believe that the 80's and early 90's shows are the best of the best.  While G.I. JOE didn't age particularly well, Transformers, The Real Ghostbusters, TMNT, and Thundercats have fared better. ;)

That's hilarious Lu!  I sort of wish I spoke Spanish, because now I'm curious.  Dinosaucers was just SOOOO awful, I bet that was pretty good fodder for a complete new script. :D
God Bless