News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Son of Customorce X

Started by Truman, December 14, 2011, 04:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truman

So after a long hiatus from Freedom Force (and a crashed hard drive), I've decided to dive back into a little FF.

I starting playing through Son of Customforce X, figuring it was a great way to get back into it with a little of the original and a little added modding.  It has been great so far, but I seem to have run into something of a glitch.

When I get past Nuclear Winter, and I go to the newly added level featuring Tombstone, the game won't let me advance.  The mission briefing button appears to be broken.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Am I diving too far back into the Mod fridge to find an answer to this.

I'd love to see the extra material in the Mod, what has been put together so far is great! 

Good to see the site is back up and running.  I missed this place.

yell0w_lantern

This is some of  the only feedback I have received. I'll be happy to take a look at it. EZ Script can get some odd glitches with cutscenes and characters.

Can you post an error log, please? It may help me track down the problem.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Truman

Sorry, I'm not the most tech savy guy.  How do I generate an error log while the program is running?

That may seem like a dumb question.

And as a side note, up until the crash it has been a really enjoyable way to replay the game. 

Truman

Hang on....I think i found it.

I'm not sure where to clip the file, so I'm dumping in the last bit of the error log. 

00:00:05.99: FF: Py_GetPath(.\System;.\System\PythonLib;.\Data\Missions\Scripts;C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp;C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\scfx3\missions\scripts;)
00:00:05.99: FF: Py_GetProgramFullPath(C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe)
loading datfiles version 0.256000
loading cshelper ...
00:00:09.63: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\test\character.nif
00:00:09.64: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\Miss-Amazing-AA\character.nif
00:00:09.64: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\Grase_Hopper\character.nif
00:00:09.64: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\vxmale_muscled\character.nif
00:00:09.64: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\cyberdive\character.nif
00:00:09.64: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\PV_shocktroop_nomask\character.nif
00:00:09.64: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\Azrael_Helm\character.nif
00:00:09.65: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\Cannon\character.nif
00:00:09.65: FF: ERROR: Couldn't get keyframe file for nif tag library\characters\Phantasm\character.nif
00:00:20.30: FF: CSaveGameMgr::readGameType - no gametype found in save, using campaign
00:00:23.04: FF: CInterpreter::init() completed
00:00:23.04: FF: Py_GetPath(.\System;.\System\PythonLib;.\Data\Missions\Scripts;C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Local Settings\Application Data\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich\temp;C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\.\scfx3\missions\scripts;)
00:00:23.04: FF: Py_GetProgramFullPath(C:\Program Files\Irrational Games\Freedom Force vs The 3rd Reich\ffvt3r.exe)
00:00:23.04: FF: CMission::init(04b_somethinfunny, Missions\04b_somethinfunny\base.dat)
00:00:23.05: FF: CMission::loadScript(Missions\04b_somethinfunny\base.py)
00:00:25.13: FF: CRender: creating DX9 renderer
00:00:25.13: FF: CRender: trying to render in 32 bits
00:00:25.14: FF: destroying font resources
00:00:25.23: FF: Recreating font resources
00:00:25.23: FF: DepthStencil is D3DFMT_D24S8
00:00:25.31: FF: initializing physics
00:00:25.34: FF: Terrain contains geometry under the root node.  It will not be chunked correctly for lighting.
00:00:25.61: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, tombstone has unknown attribute presence
00:00:25.61: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, tombstone has unknown attribute nocturnal
00:00:25.90: FF: Warning:  Throwable object screens_base has negative mass
00:00:25.92: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, the_hourglass has unknown attribute costumedavenger
00:00:25.92: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, the_hourglass has unknown attribute fourd
00:00:25.99: FF: Warning:  Throwable object screens_base has negative mass
00:00:26.46: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, red_oktober_hero has unknown attribute absorption
00:00:26.64: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, the_ant has unknown attribute summoner1
00:00:27.01: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, el_diablo has unknown attribute fieryhero
00:00:27.01: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, el_diablo has unknown attribute accidentalchange
00:00:27.01: FF: ERROR: CRpgSystem::patchRPGABitSet, el_diablo has unknown attribute airscout
00:00:27.47: FF: ERROR! Art\library\characters\el_diablo_70s\character.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:27.47: FF:    - Art\library\characters\el_diablo_70s\skins\standard\bullet_lightmap.tga
00:00:28.26: FF: CPathNodeList::preprocess: 0 nodes
00:00:28.26: FF: CPathNodeList::preprocess: 0 nodes
00:00:28.44: FF: GEOMETRY COUNTER AT 7821
00:00:32.65: FF: ERROR! Art\library\characters\cfx hourman_modern_ren\head.nif is missing linked files:
00:00:32.65: FF:    - Art\library\characters\cfx Hourman_modern_Ren\skins\standard\invisible.tga
00:01:47.75: FF: freeing physics
00:01:49.00: FF: CObjectTemplateDataMgr::term()

BentonGrey

Truman, search the document for "traceback."  If we're lucky there will be a nice, clear error message, and those begin with that term.  If you find it, just get the text a bit before it and a nice chunk after.  I don't see anything jumping out at me in the bit you provided, but YL is better than I am, so maybe he'll see something there.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

catwhowalksbyhimself

Most of what was posted is completely normal for FFX stuff.  As Benton said, the term "traceback" often comes with the relevant bits.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

yell0w_lantern

There is a FF file and a script file. These should default to notepad.
Yellow Lantern smash!

Truman

There isn't anything showing up with that term.    Will it matter that the game isn't actually crashing, it just seems that the "mission briefing" button is no longer functioning so I have to exit the game?

Truman

I just found it in the "scripts" file.  Hang on.  I'm having trouble posting it.

Truman

Every time I try and post the code, the site IDs me as a potential threat and won't accept the post.  Very amusing.

Any thoughts on how I can post this?

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

Truman

Aarrgghh!!!  It is still rejecting my post. 

ff.DoEncCutscene(3,cutscenes = [['startcs', [['priority', 1], ['required', 'tombstone', 'the_hourglass'], ['cutscene', 'CS_Start()', "CS_Camera('tombstone', dist=-160, yaw=0)", "CS_Lighting('day')", 'CS_Speak(\'the_hourglass\', "it\'s definitely not the receiver and now i can\'t raise anybody either.", force=0)', 'CS_Speak(\'tombstone\', "so we\'re blind.", force=0)', "CS_Speak('the_hourglass', 'pretty much.', force=0)", 'CS_Speak(\'tombstone\', "we\'ll have to send out patrols. patch me through the loud speaker.", force=0)', "CS_Speak('the_hourglass', 'go ahead.', force=0)", "CS_Lighting('red alert')", "CS_Speak('tombstone', 'attention! our monitors are offline and we have lost all external communications.', force=0)", "CS_Speak('tombstone', 'the following members are to report for contingency patrol: order, green genie and microwave.', force=0)", 'CS_End()']]]], marker = 'encounter', tombstonesays,"thefollowingmembersaretoreportforcontingencypatrol = 'order, green genie and microwave."',return_function="StorylineEncounterReturn")

Truman

OK.  I'm having no luck posting this code.

I guess that I can try and figure this out myself, now that you pointed me in the direction of the error log.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks for the help.

yell0w_lantern

I advanced to the mission. I'll be running through the usual stuff to see what I can find.
Yellow Lantern smash!

yell0w_lantern

So far it looks like just one of those odd EZScript glitches. I'm going to rewrite it in a new file - sometimes they get corrupt.
Yellow Lantern smash!