News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

question- jet streams?

Started by ShawDAMAN, September 30, 2011, 03:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawDAMAN

Hi-

How do you edit or select what 'jet stream' (for lack of a better word) a flyiing character will use (say, ironman with his thrusters?)

I've noticed that while most of them work fine on my pc one or 2 characters have oddly pixellated/square jet streams.

bearded

ffedit. i think under the fx tab.

Amazo Version 2.2

going by your post in the tech sectoin, i think this is more of a skin issue than a mesh issue. bearded is righton in suggesting the use of fx to set up flight fx, however, you may still run ito the same problem. there maybe a way to fix this by adjusting the tga file, but youd have to ask someone more knowledgable than me about this.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

cmdrkoenig67

As Amazo said, it could be a skin issue...But it may also be your video card having issues with the fx's alpha channels.

Dana

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on September 30, 2011, 03:31:54 PM
going by your post in the tech sectoin, i think this is more of a skin issue than a mesh issue. bearded is righton in suggesting the use of fx to set up flight fx, however, you may still run ito the same problem. there maybe a way to fix this by adjusting the tga file, but youd have to ask someone more knowledgable than me about this.

thanks all. I think it is a skin issue, and possibly my graphics card as well, but interestingly, changing the tga. file that is referenced to something else (for instance I was having the probelm with 'war machine' (mesh by grenadier skin by C6 I think) but I borrowed the tga file for the jetstreams from 'ironman mk10" (in this case, 'male_basic_fire') and replaced war machines with them- and it is still slightly pixelated but far less so- almost tolerable. it's all pretty strange.

Amazo Version 2.2

can you post a pic of what your seeing? and can you post a pic of what your tga file looks like? maybe it will jar some suugestions.
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

ShawDAMAN

Here's a picture of the basic problem....
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/opppp.jpg/

Here's the original tga file that came with the skin

When I replace it, with, say, this one

(and certain others I have tried)

The problem is greatly alleviated though not eliminated- you still see a sort of ghostly square/pixelating from certain angles:

Cyber Burn

If you PM me an E-Mail address, I can send you an updated (.tga) file that will hopefully help you out.

ShawDAMAN

Hi Cyber- PM sent. Thanks for your interest

Cyber Burn

Not a problem, if you don't mind, could you please post a pic of the new (.tga) file in action so I can see how it looks?

ShawDAMAN

here's with your tga:

from certain angles it becomes much less noticeable.

Cyber Burn

I'll keep messing with the (.tga) file to see if I can get a better result.

ShawDAMAN

Cyber Burn

Just out of curiosity, is that the standard skin for the War_Machine mesh? It looks different than what I have.

ShawDAMAN

nope not standard, I got it on champions of freedom- courtnall6 I think. Standard one has the same problem, incidentally.