News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Marvel Legacy

Started by Cyber Burn, November 30, 2011, 10:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

QuoteHowdy folks,

I've had this idea brewing in my head since I started UDCU (years ago?) and finally got around to starting it. The setting is somewhere around 15-25 years in the future in the Marvel universe.

What's changed? Are our favorite heroes still fighting the good fight? Or have they retired? Did they go out in a bang? Or a whisper? Who was brave enough to take up their mantles?

There is no deadline or anything like that, this is just for fun.

RULES

- It takes place 15-25 years in what YOU think is the future of the Marvel universe.

- Don't feel inclined to go by events that have happened in modern comics. I know some of you enjoy the older stuff more, so base it off that if you want.

- Everyone can do the same character. Don't feel you can't do your version of Captain America just because someone else did theirs first.

- It doesn't have to be a skin. It can be a drawing, a micro hero, or any other thing you crazy kids are doing these days.

- Have fun! :)

WEBSITE

http://marvel-legacy.comlu.com/home.html

-------------------------------------

This was started by murs but it gave me some much needed inspiration to skin while we were working the Tof Boards. I'll start posting pics and details about my characters, and hopefully others will as well.

Figure Fan

The design of this site is excellent. I really liked the scroll-through narrative at the beginning. Who designed this?

Also, this sounds fun. I have some ideas.  ;)

Tomato

Props go to Murs on this one kiddies. He's a crafty one.

Figure Fan

Quote from: Tomato on December 01, 2011, 02:21:58 AM
Props go to Murs on this one kiddies. He's a crafty one.

Ah, I see. I was wondering if it was his work. It has that..'something'.

Cyber Burn

Marvel Legacy - Captain America

After having watched the corrupt American Government slaughter innocent men, women, and children by the thousands, regardless of whether they had mutant abilities or not, Captain America attempted to turn in his uniform and walk away from his role as the American Symbol of Patriotism. The Commission of Superhuman Affairs could not let that happen, and sent a squad of newly designed Sentinels to terminate him and his family. After watching his wife, the Black Widow, fall, Steve Rogers escaped with his son and went underground. Ten years later, they were found by the newly re-formed X-Men, who asked Steve Rogers to lead them in their crusade to protect both Mutants and Humans alike. Assuming the inspirational name of Captain America once more, but not the uniform, he leads this team of young X-Men in their upcoming war against a corrupt government.

Spoiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marvel Legacy - Kid Justice

In a world where Mutants and Super-Powered beings of all types have been hunted down by the American Government, Sentinels, and the Government's own genetically engineered Mutate Corps, The X-Men have suffered great personal loss. In order to ensure the future of Mutant and Human kind, alliences have been formed between former heroes and villains alike. Among the new X-Men, former Avengers, Captain America and The Black Widow, have found solace in each other. Through this new found love, Joseph Steven Rogers was born. Though he possesses no superhuman powers, Joseph has joined the newest version of the X-Men. However, unlike the rest of the X-Men, Joseph is not fighting for the betterment of humanity, his sole purpose is to find the man who killed his mother, and to take his revenge.

Spoiler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyber Burn

Marvel Legacy - Dark Pryde

One of the few remaining survivors of the X-Men, Katherine Pryde remained hidden from the Sentinels and the Mutate Corps by hiding in the Morlock Tunnels. Tired of hiding and wanting justice for her fellow X-Men, she began recruiting a new team of heroes to fight the corrupt American Government. After finding Steve Rogers, the two began training new heroes to follow in the footsteps of her fallen comrades. Creating a new team of X-Men, led by the original Captain America, a new war begins for the survival of Mutantkind.

Spoiler

Marvel Legacy - Crimson Colossus

In a world where Mutants and Super-Powered beings of all types have been hunted down by the American Government, Sentinels, and the Government's own genetically engineered Mutate Corps, The X-Men have suffered great personal loss. In order to ensure the future of Mutant and Human kind, alliences have been formed between former heroes and villains alike. Among the new X-Men, Colossus and former Avenger, The Scarlet Witch, have found solace in each other. Through this new found love, Kurt Magnus Rasputin was born. Though at a diminished capacity, Kurt has inherited both of his parents powers and joined the newest version of the X-Men. Led by the former Avenger, Captain America, the X-Men fight against the injustice spreading through this new world.

Spoiler

Marvel Legacy - Fireball

The illigitimate son of Brotherhood of Evil Mutants member Pyro, Jackson Waters was left in the care of an orphanage until his Mutant powers emerged. Thrown out of the orphanage because he was deemed to dangerous to remain, Jackson withdrew to the old Morlock tunnels scavaging for food and shelter until he was found by the X-Men and recruited to the team. After years of training, Jackson has taken the name Fireball and fights alongside the team against a corrupt Government for the protection of Mutant and Humankind.

Spoiler

Marvel Legacy - Bliss

The daughter of Warren Worthington III, Elizabeth Worthington was hidden away from the Mutant hunting American Government in Canada by Wolverine after her father was killed in a Sentinel raid. Inheriting her father's wings, she became known as Bliss. Having been raised and trained by James MacDonald Hudson of Alpha Flight, She was recruited by Wolverine to join the X-Men on her 18th birthday. Her mission in life is to bring Heavenly Bliss to the War torn United States.

Spoiler

Marvel Legacy - Healer

Originally part of the Canadian training group, Gamma Flight, Kevin Anderson left the group to join the X-Men along side Bliss when she was recruited to the team. Having grown up together, he considers her his younger sister and is extremely protective of her. Being born with a "Healing Touch" and regenerative powers on an immense level, Kevin was known as the Healer. Recently having gone through a secondary mutation, Kevin is now able to give or take the life energy of others. Having been combat trained since youth, Kevin is an extraordinary fighter having mastered many Martial Arts styles.

Spoiler

Xenolith

Pretty cool, CB. 

I think you should make Crimson Colossus have a crimson shade to his metallic armor.

deano_ue

your logo design and layout has really come along, but i seriously think a few highlights and shadows would really make the skins pop

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Xenolith on December 01, 2011, 06:32:59 PM
Pretty cool, CB. 

I think you should make Crimson Colossus have a crimson shade to his metallic armor.

I hadn't thought about that, I'll have to see what it looks like.

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on December 01, 2011, 06:47:42 PM
your logo design and layout has really come along, but i seriously think a few highlights and shadows would really make the skins pop

On some of my newer skins, I've been attempting highlights, I'll post those in my own skin thread though when I finish.

Cyber Burn

Marvel Legacy - Mutate Corps

In a world where the Government has hunted, captured, or killed most of the Mutant and Superhuman population in America, a new team of X-Men has taken up the fight to protect those who remain. However, the X-Men's fight will not go unchallenged. A product of Genetic Engineering, heavily based on stolen files from Mister Sinister, the Government's own Mutate Corps have been "Programmed" to eradicate any and all resistance. The Mutate Corps are emotionless soldiers who have heartlessly slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Mutants, Superhumans, and regular Human beings alike. Having also been given regenerative powers, the Mutate Corps do not tire in serving their corrupt Government.

Spoiler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, these skins that I'm previewing were done while ToF was the active board, and have already been released.

murs47

Aw ya! Marvel Legacy! Here's the one's I've done so far:

CAPTAIN MARVEL:
Noh-Varr takes up the mantle of the legendary Captain Marvel.

CAPTAIN AMERICA:
Eli Bradley, the grandson of the first Captain America, Isiah Bradley, takes up the mantle of Captain America after Steve Rogers is KIA.

FANTASTIC FOUR:
Mr. Fantastic - After his father, Reed Richards, retires, Franklin Richards takes up the mantle of his legendary father and leads the new Fantastic Four

Xavin - The new Super Skrull and protector of his adopted home world, Earth.

Dr. Doom - Has Doom reformed? Or is it a reprogrammed Doombot? Perhaps it is Doom's adopted son, Kristoff. Some rumors suggest Franklin Richards used his reality warping powers to alter Doom's personality. No one is quite sure what the true story is though.

Wizard - Also known as Bentley 32, the 32nd clone of Bentley Wittman. Adopted and raised by the Fantastic Four. Sometimes, the apple does fall far from the tree.

HAWKEYE:
Billy Cross, the son of William Cross(Crossfire) was recruited into Nick Fury's Caterpillars. Like his father, Billy was a great marksman and brilliant tactician. When Clint Barton was too old to carry on, Billy took up the mantle of Hawkeye.

THE DRUID:
Son of the late Dr. Druid. Sebastian Druid was recruited and trained by Nick Fury for his secret Caterpillar team. The Druid went from liability to greatest asset under John Garrett. Foretold of greatness by Phobos, his fortune becomes relaized when he is asked to be a member of the Avengers. An aging Dr. Strange begins mentoring with the possibility of The Druid becoming the next Sorcerer Supreme.

Cyber Burn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brotherhood - Mister Immortal

Craig Hollis wanted to be a hero. But after watching his family and friends die over and over again, he sank into a deep depression, and then fell into a ruthless rage. After a thousand deaths and reincarnations, Hollis' grasp of reality became warped. Unable to truely die himself, Hollis searched for other mutants like himself to fight the oppressive government. Forming a new "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants", Mister Immortal no longer has any desire to protect others, his only goal is now to take complete control over humainty, with mutants becoming the planet's ruling class.

Spoiler

Brotherhood - Multi_Maximus

Maxwell Hawkings discovered his mutant ability to clone himself at an early age. He used his abilities to commit crimes in which he always had an alibi. As he grew older, he began to send his clones farther and farther away on journeys to learn new skills and make new criminal connections. During one of these joureys, Maxwell was found by Craig Hollis, also known as Mister Immortal. Upon his recruitment into the new "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants", Maxwell took the name Multi_Maximus, becoming Mister Immortal's right hand man.

Spoiler

Brotherhood - Deflector

Frank Cartelli was hidden away at Project Pegasus after the Sentinals and Mutate Corps began exterminating Mutants and other super powered individuals. The son of the one-time hero, the Blue Shield, Frank developed powers similar to his father's, allowing him the ability to generate and shape small force fields which he chooses to form into the shapes of a sword and shield. Recruited by Craig Hollis, Mister Immortal, Frank took the name Deflector and joined the new "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants". Not interested in being a hero, Deflector has one goal and one goal only: the utter annihlation of all Sentinels and Mutate Corps members.

Spoiler

Brotherhood - Power Bomb

Charles Hunter spent most of his life living in a fog, a side effect of having his mutant abilities surpressed by his Grandfather who specialized in the study of Mutation. Before passing away, Charles' Grandfather revealed to him that his father was the Super Powered individual known as Nitro. With his Grandfather's passing, there was no one left to supress Charles' powers, causing his first self-
explosion. Taking months to re-form, Charles eventually learned how to control his detonations. Realizing that he would not be able to survive for long being hunted by the Government, Charles began searching for others like himself. Meeting Craig Hollis, Mister Immortal, Charles took the name Power Bomb and joined the new "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants".

Spoiler

Brotherhood - Sub_Zero

Sub_Zero was cloned from Ice-Man by Mister Sinister in an attempt to create a new group of Marauders. However, due to the unique nature of Sub_Zero's genetic make up, he was able to not only escape from his "Mental Programming", but also escape from Mister Sinister as well. Having no real identity of his own, traveling scared and alone, Sub_Zero encountered Craig Hollis, Mister Immortal, and was recruited into the new "Brotherhood of Evil Mutants". Wanting only a chance to survive in the new world order, Sub_Zero is constantly fighting for his life.

Spoiler

ShawDAMAN

very cool stuff, murs and cyber

Swingman

Really cool! I especially love Deflector!

Cyber Burn

With the current American Government wiping out mutants by the scores, Mister Sinister has realized that he is losing his genetic stock, preventing him from experimenting with new mutant DNA. As such, he creates a new generation of Marauders to protect what is left of the mutant gene pool. Realizing that his previous Marauders had failed over and over again, Mister Sinister has created a new series of cloned warriors based off of DNA that he has collected from other mutants over the years. This new squad consists of:

Visor = Cyclops (Semi-Finished)

Frostbite = Iceman

Sunburst = Sunfire

Tank = Colossus (Semi-Finished)

Infinity = Madrox

Slider = Vanisher (Semi-Finished)

Psyche = Professor X

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will say that I am keeping this group of skins extremely simple, partially because I never really cared for the complex designs of the original Marauders, and partially because I just want to get these guys done so I can move on to the next set (I've been sitting on these skopes for a while now).

I have finals this week, so pics will be next week.

BentonGrey

Wow, these are awesome!  There are some fantastic ideas and skins/skopes here.  I'll have to do some more extensive commenting on these later, but let me just say that I am really enjoying this thread.  Somebody (not me!) should totally put these concepts together into a mod. :)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Amazo Version 2.2

Quote from: BentonGrey on December 15, 2011, 09:40:01 PM
Wow, these are awesome!  There are some fantastic ideas and skins/skopes here.  I'll have to do some more extensive commenting on these later, but let me just say that I am really enjoying this thread.  Somebody (not me!) should totally put these concepts together into a mod. :)

that would bne cool!
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

murs47

Black Bolt was captured by Apocalypse and turned into his horseman, War. Under Apocalypse's command Black Bolt destroyed Attilan and everyone he loved with it. It took the combined forces of the X-Men and Avengers to subdue him, and their best telepaths to rehabilitate him.

Now Black Bolt seeks redemption for his crimes as War. He takes it upon himself to mentor the next generation of Avengers and defend the planet from all threats.

martialstorm

Power Prince
Following Hyperion's death at the hands of the genetically engineered Armageddon, Princess Zarda also known as Power Princess from Squadron Supreme finds comfort with Marvel's Greek Prince of Power, Hercules.

Together they return to the Squadron's earth and act as it's primary guardians. In a world with fewer heroes and away from his rivalry with Thor, Hercules flourishes and becomes adored, even worshipped in his new home.

Zarda and Hercules have a son together who grows as a celebrity with the combined abilities of his parents and is given the title Power Prince by the media.

As part of his son's training and to teach him humility, Hercules returns to the Marvel Universe with Power Prince. However they may both find more challenges than either had bargained for.
(Also previously shown at T of F board)

Deaths Jester

Gawds...now I have to dig up my Poser work that I did for this and post it here too....rrrrr....

Blood Spider

Spoiler

Action

Blood Spider

Due to the genetic reconstruction of his DNA by the spider bite, Peter Parker's body has aged slower (see the current Nick Fury and Steve Rogers for what I speak examples in the Marvel Universe) than most of the other heroes and has continued to fight the good fight. However, he changed his name and costume after the violent murders of Aunt May and Mary Jane Watson at the hands of an insane and recently mutated Lizard - who Parker, in his last official appearance as Spider-Man, would later beat nearly to death. Now a much more serious vigilante, Peter Parker swings into action as the vengeful Blood Spider!

Steve Rogers, Director of Shield
Spoiler

Action

Steve Rogers - Director of SHIELD

Steve Rogers, having already given up his Captain America persona to former sidekick "Bucky" Barnes, took up running both the Secret Avengers and helping Nick Fury rebuild SHIELD rafter the disbandment of HAMMER. Recently, Nick Fury has stepped down from his post as Director of SHIELD, citing excess amounts of stress caused by the current political climate, and the government, feeling he deserved the position most, named Steve the new director. While not as brash and gung-ho as Nick Fury was, Steve still has rubbed some political wranglers the wrong way with his actions as director - most especially the fact that he often leads the most important cases in the field, no matter the risks.

Ghost Rider

Spoiler

With the death of Danny Ketch, the spirit of Noble Kale required a new host to continue it's required penance. While the curse of the Kale family required that the first born Kale male should become the next in line to become host - with Dan Ketch not having any children Johnny Blaze already carrying the spirit of Zarathos and Blaze's first son taken by an unnamed demon - Noble Kale's spirit searched out another host with close connections to the Kale family. This search brought him to JT James, codemaned Hellfire, of Nick Fury's Catepillars. Being the grandson of the western hero Phanotm Rider and already wielding a portion of hellfire, JT James proved to be the exact host Noble Kale's spirit inhabit until time came that there was a suitable Kale offspring. Now, empowered by the spirit of Noble Kale, JT James strikes out at the condemned on his mystical motocylce as Ghost Rider, the Spirit of Vengence.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

detourne_me

I love all this stuff!  I'm currently building a kind of cross-dimensional murs-verse of hero files, where the ultimate dc are actually legacy characters too,  like batman is actually damien wayne, and franklin is like this all-powerful dude using the F4 as inter-dimensional guardians

Cyber Burn

Murs, great concept for Black Bolt.

DM, I'd love to see those hero files, I hope you post them somewhere.

Tomato

I already gave you the professional critique when you showed it to me, but I wanted to comment on how much I like the design... I've never cared about the inhumans one way or another, but seeing that in a comic would actually make me wanna read about him.

laughing paradox

I think this is one of those weird instances where the concept for Black Bolt makes the skin better. What a fantastic concept. Did I mention that I love the concept? The skin ain't so shabby, either. ;)

murs47

Quote from: Tomato on April 05, 2012, 04:39:33 AM
I already gave you the professional critique when you showed it to me, but I wanted to comment on how much I like the design... I've never cared about the inhumans one way or another, but seeing that in a comic would actually make me wanna read about him.

Thomas, thank you. I mean that. This is one of the few skins that I'm proud of and I almost didn't want to post it. But hey, when you start something, you gotta finish it. *glares at UDCU*

Quote from: laughing paradox on April 05, 2012, 03:47:10 PM
I think this is one of those weird instances where the concept for Black Bolt makes the skin better. What a fantastic concept. Did I mention that I love the concept? The skin ain't so shabby, either. ;)

It is a cool concept. Someone on the board helped me flesh it out and added the War/Apocalypse thing. I forget who it was though... :P

Previsionary

... oh, really? Hmph. *blacklists Murs*
Disappear when you least expe--

murs47

Quote from: Previsionary on April 05, 2012, 08:39:12 PM

*stays blacklisted*

Black Bolt is now available at the Marvel Legacy site. (link in my signature)

Previsionary

Quote from: murs47 on April 05, 2012, 11:17:16 PM
Quote from: Previsionary on April 05, 2012, 08:39:12 PM

*stays blacklisted*

Black Bolt is now available at the Marvel Legacy site. (link in my signature)

No1curr.  :angry:

Tomato

Y'know, I could have sworn I remember someone constantly whining about the fact that he gets mentioned all the time. One would think it'd be incredibly rude for that person to whine now that we aren't talking about him.

Previsionary

Quote from: Tomato on April 05, 2012, 11:51:22 PM
Y'know, I could have sworn I remember someone constantly whining about the fact that he gets mentioned all the time. One would think it'd be incredibly rude for that person to whine now that we aren't talking about him.

Tomato, thanks for the reminder as to why I don't converse with you. Maybe one day you'll do a little growing up. Anything is possible, they say.  :o

Mursyface, you know I'm joking with ya... or am I? Probably not. *stays blacklisting*  :angry: