News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Thor`s God Blast?

Started by danzrocker, October 29, 2011, 08:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danzrocker

What would Thor`s this power also known God of thunder look like should it be a projectile or maybe an area super thunderstorm something like that,how much energy should it consume,how much should be intensity or magnitude of this power and pretty much everything else.Thanks guys and all your help is appreciated. :)

spydermann93

In all my recreations of Thor, I always just give him a direct attack called "Lightning Strike" (I have a lightning strike FX). I make it cost medium-high energy, very high damage, and stun is very high as well.

ShawDAMAN

My Thor (besides melee attacks) has 2 projectile attacks and one direct attack.

first I give him a "mjolnir throw" projectile attack, low-ish crushing damage I think, chained and homing.... low power usage

then a lightning-ish projectile attack like spyder said which has a quick flash lightning strike when it 'hits..' low power usage
, medium electric damage.. I call this 'for midgard' or some such thing

finally a direct attack with a sort of electric looking vortex. this came with an FX pack I downloaded, the name of which eludes me presently...
but this one does extreme energy damage with some upward knockback. high power usage. since it's his most powerful attack I call it "for asgard" lol.

danzrocker

Could you tell me what this fx is called?really appreciated thanks.or could you send the fx directly to me.thanks :)

spydermann93

Oh yes, I can't forget Mjolnir either :P

I make my Mjolnir power have high crushing, high knockback, low stun, and it has a low energy cost.

I don't chain it like ShawDAMAN, but that does add a bit of flavor to the power.

EDIT: The lightning strike is merely called "Lightning_Strike" I picked it up from one of the mods on the FRP2 site.

ShawDAMAN

Quote from: danzrocker on October 29, 2011, 10:13:22 PM
Could you tell me what this fx is called?really appreciated thanks.or could you send the fx directly to me.thanks :)

If you were talking to me, you need to be a little more specific.... you mean the 3rd one?

I can't send you the FX itself directly, it was part of a pack. I'm just not sure which, off the top of my head. I installed 2 packs a long time ago.
I know for a fact I installed this one:
http://www.alexff.com/ezfx.php

it might be enough to fill your needs.

danzrocker

Thanks spyder for the info but i actually wanted to know what the direct vortex storm called and i specifically mean that for asgard what is the fx called. :)

ShawDAMAN

Well the actual names are: for the lightning it's just 'chain  lightning' which I think comes with the game... the 'for asgard' vortex is called 'fx_twister' in the fx list.

danzrocker

Thanks a lot shaw.really appreciate the help. :thumbup:

hoss20

Well, Thor's God Blast is separate from his lightning/weather powers and even the energy blast he'll shoot from Mjolnir (depending upon who's writing him). It is a focus of his godly energies into a blast that he has only used on a handful of occasions when it was absolutely necessary. Although, he has used it as an area attack, it was a small area (more appropriate for a direct attack) and it was still only focused on one person. He usually uses Mjolnir to channel the energy and fire it as a beam. I would max out damage and knockback, as well as having a decent amount of stun in there. I would set it up as an energy attack with a high energy cost. There are also a couple of options to think about, being that this is a power he only uses in the most desperate of times:
     1.  You can check the SACRIFICE box on the power, meaning that he will fall unconscious after using the power
     2.  Use the Megablast attribute. Using the FFX Control Center, you can choose among different side effects to give Thor after using the power (temporary reduction of Strength or Energy recharge, taking damage, 10% chance of being knocked out, etc.) You can check the FFX manual for the proper way to customize the attribute along with descriptions of the different side effects available.

danzrocker

Umm...well thanks all you guys hoss and shaw.But i still can`t find that damn direct attack  :banghead: used for thor as 'for asgard'.Its not even in EZFX 60 or perhaps if you think of it no where else.And if so the only most similar to yours is a ranged projectile fx known as fx_tornado.Please isn`t there any way i can get that fx at all.Pretty Please!! :mellow:

And i totally understand your point and advices with respect to Thor`s God blast now more clarified it would easier to do the job.Thanks buddy. :)

ShawDAMAN

This is the other one I installed. Found it. :P

http://frp.unlimited2.net/frp-presents-pfx-1-2/

Must be in that one.

danzrocker

Huray hurray ! Problem Solved i finally got the fx_twister.Thanks again for all your help buddy! :thumbup:

ShawDAMAN

no problemo, glad you got what you wanted!