News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

elemental thugs

Started by ShawDAMAN, November 16, 2011, 04:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShawDAMAN

some male_heavy skins I did at bearded's request. submitted for criticism :doh:  :P

each are supposed to have some basic elemental attack. wind, earth, fire, water.

AfghanAnt

These are a really good start. Have you considered giving them custom skopes to reflect their powerset?

For instance, the water could be put on Sandman_TJ with alpha enabled pieces for that translucent look of water. The ice-thug could be put on a Frost Giant by Gren with some fx sparks from FFVTR Frozen Giant mesh for the frosty, shimmering look (you could probably use the fxs from my Iceman skope). Fire thug could have fxs on his hands and the earth thug could be put on Thing by Ren for that rocky look.

Just a few thoughts.

ShawDAMAN

:blink: all sounds very nice....can all that be done with nifskope? I know nothing about skoping at this point, though I'd love to learn.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: ShawDAMAN on November 16, 2011, 03:37:50 PM
:blink: all sounds very nice....can all that be done with nifskope? I know nothing about skoping at this point, though I'd love to learn.

It can. I'll take a crack at these and send them your way.

ShawDAMAN

say, thanks :) sounds cool. you mentioned ice effects though, and actually there's no ice thug.... just "wind" and water. (according to the original request.) "Wind" skin does admittedly look a little frosty though. (how do you color "wind"  :wacko: )

so basically feel free to do whatever you like. :P

AfghanAnt

Quote from: ShawDAMAN on November 16, 2011, 04:57:12 PM
say, thanks :) sounds cool. you mentioned ice effects though, and actually there's no ice thug.... just "wind" and water. (according to the original request.) "Wind" skin does admittedly look a little frosty though. (how do you color "wind"  :wacko: )

so basically feel free to do whatever you like. :P

Ok, even easier. :)

UnkoMan

You, if you could give "wind" that Red Tornado's flight. I think you did that one somebody else didn't you, AA? It's been so long...
I forget who even made that awesome one...