News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Planes

Started by Randomdays, August 31, 2011, 12:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randomdays

Do you guys think planes would work in game? If they were set up as vehicles, they would have to drop out of the sky and be totaled after ANY damage. As a character type, the same, otherwise it would be strange for it to be knocked down, recover an take to the air again. Any attack would have to be done while moving like a strafing run,  no hover or anything like that. Choppers would be easier to handle, but  would probably still have issues.

Can you even setup a vehicle to fly around the map? Since all we have are wheeled vehicles on the ground coming out of the box.

The only thing way I see them working is as scenery objects sitting on the ground, or used in cutscenes.

Any ideas?

Cyber Burn

Valandar has a Chopper mesh that might be an option.

Ink has an X-Men Blackbird that might be an option.

Tommyboy has an Avengers Quinjet that could be an option.

FX Force has a few planes that could be used.

Randomdays

I was thinking more of what I could add to the game. With the games I'm looking at there are a bunch of new planes I could add to FF. Choppers would work in FF because thet can land/takeoff anywhere and can hover as they attack. Planes just don't seem right, even as vehicles moving around.

The quinjet and blackbird I see as more cutscene - either landing and dropping off a squad or taking them away at the end of a mission.