News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The JSA is not forgotten.

Started by Thunder, August 30, 2011, 06:09:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thunder

I was hesitant about this DC Reboot...with Superman being the first hero and the JLA being the first team, there was no room for the JSA.

Until This announcement: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2011/08/28/dc-justice-society-of-america-relaunch-earth-two/

Earth Two lives again!

deano_ue

ahh dammit.  i always hated earth 2 as a concept.

BG must be doing backflips

BentonGrey

*Shrug* I'd rather see period stories about the JSA in the 40's and 50's, honestly.  However, if Earth-2 somehow allows for stories that are of a higher overall quality than everything I've seen from DC lately....sure, I'll do backflips.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

DC cancelled the JSA two times because they made the JLA looks "older", so send them back to Earth 2 is a good solution. Now we can read about the JSA without the fear the new editor we'll decide they must be-exiled-killed-erased from history.

daglob

Quote from: John Jr. on August 31, 2011, 01:04:40 AM
DC cancelled the JSA two times because they made the JLA looks "older", so send them back to Earth 2 is a good solution. Now we can read about the JSA without the fear the new editor we'll decide they must be-exiled-killed-erased from history.

Looking at some of the past stories, just exactly what makes you so sure? ;)

RTTingle

The whole idea there was no hero before a this time DC is now trying to establish is just... baffling.

I'm glad JSA will still be around though, even if its outside what is considered standard DC history.

Cyber Burn

I'm actually alright with the JSA taking place outside of mainstream continuit. I'd really like to see something based in the WW2 era, maybe even a sort of Elseworlds storyline having the allies losing/lost the war.

Xenolith

I'm interested in this because I liked Earth 2.  Hopefully they will put all the Charlton characters back in their own universe, too.

B A D

So far I have boycotted all of the DC titles with the relaunch. This is the only thing that's tempted me thus far.
I may Byrne steal this first and then make a decision as to whether or not to pick it up.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.