News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

nifskope discovery

Started by bearded, September 09, 2011, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i don't know if others are aware of this, i remember last year trying to fit male suit onto male basic keyframes and getting that neck stretch problem. it's also a problem with fitting females onto male keyframes, like, a proper spidergirl with spiderman keyframes. what i found out is, if you unhide all in nifskope and edit the bone size, you can fix the stretch problem. pick the neck, make it about .3, then the head and arms will shrink. increase the size of the head bone by a factor of one, and the right and left clavicle by a factor of one. i also change spine1 down some also. and there you have it.
edited for nick to neck.

style

when u say nick do u mean neck? :huh:
The Ultimate Fan!

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: style on September 09, 2011, 05:29:46 PM
when u say nick do u mean neck? :huh:

No, Style, I believe BiL was simply using a handy moniker for Nickelodeon, that television destination for award-winning children's programming.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

bearded

is this a trick that everyone already knew?
also, i have a hat on him, but it swivels like the center is lower than it should be. is that an easy fix?

Cyber Burn

This concept is new to me. When I eventually get back into skoping, I'll have to take a look at this, that opens lots of possibilities.

As for the hat issue, the problem may be where you have it  pasted on, maybe move it to a higher node?

Tomato

or you can just move the head down by editing the mesh's bone connection via the skin instance, thereby avoiding the usual problems encountered when scaling bones.

Basically you want to select "NiSkinData" under the skin instance and track down the bone the section of the mesh is connected to. In this case, the head bone is the first one on the list (scene data not being a bone and all) so I went to the first bone under "Block details" and clicked the transform icon. instant moving head.