News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Started by spydermann93, February 22, 2011, 12:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Hello,

This is my first re-release pack. In this pack, I have about 164 avatars, all with the prefix "Avatar" in front of their names for easier searching. I take no credit for any of the meshes or skins included in the pack. A list of credits includes most, if not all, of the authors whose work I have included in the pack. If I have forgtten your name, please let me know an I'll correct it right away.

LINK: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20698124/Avatars.7z

Note: These are not all of the avatars out there, just the ones I have available. I may find more and release another pack, but that will come later.

Cyber Burn

Hey, I just saw this thread and went to download it but the link is down, does anyone have it that could re-post it somewhere? I would be very appreciative, thank you.

spydermann93

Yeah, figured it would be after all this time (it was posted the day before FR went down).

Anyways, I'm going to reupload the pack soon.

spydermann93

Deep apologies for the double post, but just wanted to let you guys know that I've updated the first post.

Cyber Burn

Downloaded and appreciated, I can't wait till I have the time to go through all of these.  :thumbup:

Tomato

Firstly, I approve of this pack. it may not be technically proper (you really should pm whatever artists you can and ask) but... I'm such a fan of avatars I don't really care too much. I do have a couple of minor quibbles concerning my own work, however (nothing BAD per se, but some corrections)

-Chnybe/Darek and Kid Rocket aren't technically avatars, they're originals. Red Ant could be either (he was my old avatar, now one of my villains) but I don't consider him an avatar as much as I would Mahty, Marauder, and Sai (all of whom were based on friends of mine).

-Tomato's model is a tad outdated. Nothing major, but I noticed it when I was going through

-I noticed you used some of the Avs I've made, but I'm surprised you didn't include Figure Fan, GG, or Detourne... all three were done based on the classic or modern looks for that avatar (as opposed to AA, Carrivagio, Pwime, Revenant, and Syn, who were all redesigns).

bearded

a perfect companion to this would be hero files.

deano_ue

daglob

The real question is: who are we missing?

Tomato

I can name half a dozen that weren't in there, just off the top of my head. But a portion of them aren't publicly released or worth including (*cough*prem/prev*cough*).

daglob

The Glob isn't in it, but I'm not sure I've ever released the skin.

deano_ue

got the pack and honestly i have no idea who 90% of these guys are

Previsionary

Quote from: Tomato on August 27, 2011, 01:01:16 AM
I can name half a dozen that weren't in there, just off the top of my head. But a portion of them aren't publicly released or worth including (*cough*prem/prev*cough*).

I like how people constantly focus on me whether I'm around or not. This is the curse of my life. Those people I don't pay much attention to, the jealous, never get me off their minds.
Disappear when you least expe--

Tomato

We were talking about the pack just a few days ago, genius. If I'd talked to Murs about it I'd have brought him and his inability to release the 3 avatars he has finished already.

Previsionary

Quote from: Tomato on August 28, 2011, 01:23:20 AM
We were talking about the pack just a few days ago, genius. If I'd talked to Murs about it I'd have brought him and his inability to release the 3 avatars he has finished already.

Jealousy is ugly, Tom. Know that. Stop trying to derail this thread just because your green monster is showing.
Disappear when you least expe--

spydermann93

Quote from: Tomato on August 25, 2011, 10:13:02 PM
Firstly, I approve of this pack. it may not be technically proper (you really should pm whatever artists you can and ask) but... I'm such a fan of avatars I don't really care too much. I do have a couple of minor quibbles concerning my own work, however (nothing BAD per se, but some corrections)

Yeah, I should've done that first. I'm usually good about that, but this time I slipped up  :(

Quote from: Tomato on August 25, 2011, 10:13:02 PM-Chnybe/Darek and Kid Rocket aren't technically avatars, they're originals. Red Ant could be either (he was my old avatar, now one of my villains) but I don't consider him an avatar as much as I would Mahty, Marauder, and Sai (all of whom were based on friends of mine).

Yeah, I accidentally included some originals in there and forgot to rename them and/or mistook them for avatars (my knowledge of members on this board is rather limited)

Quote from: Tomato on August 25, 2011, 10:13:02 PM-Tomato's model is a tad outdated. Nothing major, but I noticed it when I was going through

I believe I have an updated one somewhere (that is, if you released a newer one from the one I have included)

Quote from: Tomato on August 25, 2011, 10:13:02 PM-I noticed you used some of the Avs I've made, but I'm surprised you didn't include Figure Fan, GG, or Detourne... all three were done based on the classic or modern looks for that avatar (as opposed to AA, Carrivagio, Pwime, Revenant, and Syn, who were all redesigns).

You know, I thought I had them in there. I don't mean to be disrespectful to anybody by not including them. I may have just not been able to find them or haven't implemented them into the pack when I hosted the file.

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on August 27, 2011, 10:22:21 PM
got the pack and honestly i have no idea who 90% of these guys are

Neither do I really. Perhaps is would've been smarter for me to research this a bit more. Sometimes I don't think things through very well. I apologize for my stupidity. :(

Quote from: daglob on August 27, 2011, 09:05:47 PM
The Glob isn't in it, but I'm not sure I've ever released the skin.

I don't believe you did. I think you only previewed it.

Quote from: daglob on August 27, 2011, 12:08:49 AM
The real question is: who are we missing?

Quote from: Tomato on August 27, 2011, 01:01:16 AM

Yes, I unfortunately am missing a few more well-known members. If anybody could find them, please tell me. I'd like to make sure at least all of the well-known members are in the pack as an act of gratitude to all of their great accomplishments. If I left somebody out, it was because I couldn't find them.

Quote from: the_ultimate_evil on August 26, 2011, 08:33:21 PM
the link is down again

It works fine on my end. If I need to, I can upload it to another site for you.

daglob

I am looking through the Forum Battle Royale mods and seeing who else we can find.

Murs? Boy with Pointy Stick? Previsonary? Death's Jester? Copper Age? Disco King? Shabobba?

There is one out there that I did which I do not believe has ever been released.

There are quite a few at Freedom Fortress (mostly included, I believe), and some at FXForce.

spydermann93

Quote from: daglob on August 28, 2011, 06:49:11 AM
I am looking through the Forum Battle Royale mods and seeing who else we can find.

Murs? Boy with Pointy Stick? Previsonary? Death's Jester? Copper Age? Disco King? Shabobba?

There is one out there that I did which I do not believe has ever been released.

There are quite a few at Freedom Fortress (mostly included, I believe), and some at FXForce.

Yes, I've been meaning to search through those [the Battle Royal mods].

Like I said, I am still looking. I just want to share what I got with everybody so they have more choices in FF. :P

Tomato

Don't be too hard on yourself man, Avatars aren't exactly an exact science... Especially not with "originals" like Mahty, Sai, and Marauder... all of whom are "avatars" of some of my non FR friends from other boards. My only quibble with the three I mentioned is that I'd intended them to be the modern iterations of the characters.

As for Tomato... the update was kind of understated. I included the tweaks with like, 20 other uploads. The major things were just that it was my own model now, and that it included the pieces for the alternate GL and BL skins.

cmdrkoenig67

Am I in it?!  Probably not... :(

daglob

Do you use your Koenig skin for Male Suit Remapped?

If so it wasn't in the pack.

spydermann93

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on August 29, 2011, 12:31:40 AM
Am I in it?!  Probably not... :(

If I can find your avatar, then I'd be more than happy to include you.

You have done more than enough for this community, and you really do deserve to be included, just like many other members of this board.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: daglob on August 29, 2011, 01:10:05 AM
Do you use your Koenig skin for Male Suit Remapped?

If so it wasn't in the pack.

I do use him on occasion.

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 29, 2011, 01:22:46 AM
If I can find your avatar, then I'd be more than happy to include you.

You have done more than enough for this community, and you really do deserve to be included, just like many other members of this board.

You're too kind, Spyder.

Dana

laughing paradox

This is a pretty cool resource.

If you'd like to add my avatar, Saturn King, to the pack, you definitely can.

Amazo Version 2.2

this os pretty cool. is there an avatar website or yahoo group floating around anywhere? somplace where members can upload just avatars to other members could down load them?
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Shazam

Don't suppose my avatars are in that pack? I've lost everything FF related during my time away. I've also lost my original alter avatar Voltimax. Would be nice to get it back.
Pursue perfection, but accept excellence.
http://www.tskr.webeden.co.uk/

spydermann93

To be honest, I'm not sure.

I hope you find what you're looking for, though.

If I ever find your avatar (if it's not in the pack already), I'll be sure to send it to you. :)

seraglio

Has anyone put this up on yahoo groups anywhere? The link is not working.