News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help with a custom attribute

Started by spydermann93, January 30, 2011, 01:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help me in this situation. I am hoping to make a custom attribute that is the opposite of Crack Shot, meaning that I am trying to make an attribute that decreases accuracy. I am hoping to use it for my "thug" units in my herofiles. Any clues as to how one would go about doing this would be extremely helpful.

Edit: Thanks to BentonGrey for pointing out that Myopic does reduce accuracy, but I should've been clearer. I'm looking to make a custom attribute that can be used in combination attributes (which Myopic unfortunately cannot)

BentonGrey

Doesn't "Myopic" decrease accuracy now?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

While Myopic does decrease accuracy, I was looking to make a custom attribute that could be combined in combination attributes (e.g Classic Superhuman)

Epimethee

The only solution I can see probably would not work in practice, but grosso modo:

There is a global variable (can't remember the name governing accuracy IIRC. However, since it affects all characters, you'd have to time it with the character's firing animations to avoid penalizing everyone.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

stumpy

Are you trying to achieve something with a different functionality than just giving the thugs' powers lower accuracy? That may be the more straightforward route for this, technically. And, it will have the side benefit of being reflected in the lower cost of the powers, and yield somewhat more accurate overall character costs, which can be useful in deciding encounter balance and so on.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg