News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

PS3 YLOD!

Started by MJB, December 23, 2011, 05:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MJB

Hey guys. Just got hit by the Yellow Light of Death on my 80 gig PS3 fattie. :(  :banghead:

Anyone here with tips on how to fix this that actually work? I have zero money & can't afford to have it repaired or buy a new one. *sobs*

The saddest part is we picked up PS3 games for the kids for Christmas. *sigh*

MJB

BAH!!!

I have a rented game stuck in my PS3. I tried the fan test trick & it did nothing. The only other thing to do is disassemble my PS3 & take the Blu-ray player apart. *sadface*

lugaru

Wish you where in my hood... a few blocks away I have a place that repairs game systems. They would be able to at least rescue the disk.

captmorgan72

Quote from: MJB on December 23, 2011, 06:39:48 AM
BAH!!!

I have a rented game stuck in my PS3. I tried the fan test trick & it did nothing. The only other thing to do is disassemble my PS3 & take the Blu-ray player apart. *sadface*

Try turning the power off in the back, then hold the eject button and turn it on from the back. This got my disc out of my broken disc drive on my 40gb. Copied and pasted from another forum.

MJB

Sadly I tried this & it does not work with my Playstation. Thanks though.

**UPDATE**

Found a video on how to take a PS3 apart to manually remove a stuck disk. Worked like a charm. :) Yay!