DC Online NDA lifted today! Who else has been playing this?

Started by AncientSpirit, December 07, 2010, 12:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat1987

Lol, this is getting ridicilous:
FilePlanet, Founders' Club and IGN Insider members can get DCUO beta keys now (still no keys for EU :angry:).

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/dcuniverse/

Courtnall6

Hmmm...not sure what was up with my pc last night...but today the game ran like butter with all high settings and max resolution. :thumbup:

Anyone know how or where you can change your default costume?
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

electro

Quote from: Midnite on December 10, 2010, 06:14:29 PM
Got my PS3 Beta key this morning. Probably won't download till later. My monthly bandwidth cap is almost at the limit.
Has anyone notice the civilians NPCs on top of the buildings? As a hero you can save them from jumping off. I heard as a villian you'll push them off. :lol: I stopped a couple of thugs on the rooftops breaking in.

Oh anyone see DC heroes or villians roaming around the cities? Besides the ones on the wanted/bounty list.  

Anyways I'm on PC Beta 3 if anyone wants to team-up.

I've spotted Batman only - Good to know there are other heroes fighting the good fight in the open cities & not just on missions - That prings me to another thing I can praise this game about compared to Champs or CoX - The city seems more like a real city than these other games - Except certain areas where missions are going on - For the most part it's just people living out there lives & like Midnight said you'll spot some criminal activity going on & can swoop down & save the day - Where in Champs & CoX theres just pockets of badguys as far as the eye can see - Champs really suffered in this - I couldn't go anywhere without being constantly bombarded with enemies firing at me - It also adds to the living breathing world to Not see blue wall barriers all over the city - I do think they should take a note from CoX on enemy spawning thow - In CoX they spawned down the street & ran to there post like Backup was being called in - Where in DCUO the enemies will magically appear right beside you which takes the immersion out of the experience :blink:

Inside the Studio episode 10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDBwHlI_LRw

I'll shut up now :wacko:

Glitch Girl

Guys, any chance I can talk you guys into posting screen caps of your characters?  I admit I'm on the fence about this one (me and MMOs generally don't go together well), but I would love to see what y'all came up with.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Courtnall6

Mr. Hamrick

can someone email me the needed specs to run the game. 

and is it too late to get in on the beta test if the game will run on this PC?  (it's my dad's so not sure it will)

UnkoMan

I just got into the beta the other day. So far, ehhhh.... The graphics are lovely and I really like super speed. Acrobatics is cool too. Reminds me of Prototype. Flight looks a bit wonky, but I chalk it up to them still smoothing out animations.

I also like the idea of an MMO button masher, but don't think this is quite there yet. On the other hand, I feel a super hero game so heavily relying on weapons is really strange.

Also, I don't like the costume creator very much. Some pieces are really swell, but it is just so limited. I made a great looking Unko Man, but most of the others I try seem so generic. I guess because they want you to get loot and whatnot, but that seems silly in a super hero game. Character customization off the bat was one of the biggest selling points for both CoH and later Champions, for me. Heck, I hardly play Champs anymore, but I still go into the character creator all the time.

Courtnall6

A lot of people are complaining about the costume creators limitations in the Beta forum. I hope Sony listens and adds a great deal more options before release.

After a few days of testing the character creator, I think it needs a complete overhaul. City of Heroes was good at the time...then Champions took it to the next level. DCUO basically went backwards. They should have looked at what CoH and Champions did...then do it better.

The game is fun but it needs a lot of work in many areas. I can see why it was delayed. If they're smart they'll hold off on the release until June/July. They just have to look at Champions Online about releasing before you're ready. CO has yet to recover from it....may never. F2P is Champions's last card to play.

JeyNyce

So, for everybody that are in the beta (PC or PS3) are you going to get the game when it comes out?

Me, I would like to get it, but I don't think I can afford $15 a month right now.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Courtnall6

Undecided...but most likely PC. :P

I only pay monthly for one MMO (Champions Online currently) at a time. Any others I want to try for an extended time is usually by gamecards.

UnkoMan

One thing I wanted to complain about in character creator... what's up with the hair choices? Why not separate head hair and facial hair, and instead of naming them silly things, name them descriptive things?

If they do re-haul the character creator and touch up other things, I think it could be a decent game for a DC fanboy. Which I am. I was totally pumped when I got to fight the Scarecrow alongside Batwoman. When Ambush Bug once randomly popped up during the tutorial I got all excited. Really, it would boil down to playstyle. Do you want standard MMO point & click play, or do you want a faster paced arcade style game?

If they take their time and do some revisions I can see it getting popular. But I agree C6, they shouldn't release before they are ready.

Oh and where are the Beta forums even? I tried looking for them and found some forums, but I don't know if they are the right ones. My account name and password doesn't work. Do I have to sign up separately?

JKCarrier

These are the beta forums:

http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuolt/forums/list.m

From what I remember, I just used my game login and it worked, I didn't have to register separately.

bat1987

For some reason they are still ignoring EU PC players. At this point I have no idea why.

UnkoMan

Ah, thanks! I had been to these forums once before but I couldn't find them again for some reason.
I kept getting other random ones.

AncientSpirit

I'll definitely get this game.   I don't have a PS3 so I'll be getting the PC version, and using a 360 wired controller.    This is still in beta and I think some of the QoL problems that people are reporting, like the character creation screen limitations, won't be a problem at launch.   I think I read that they are concentrating on playability issues right now, rather than cosmetic - which makes sense to me.

What I'm finding is that I use both my controller (for button mashing) and my keypad for Inventory, Journal, etc.

Now that the beta for PS3 has been released, I sure would be interested in feedback from Forum members on how they are experiecing the game.

But I agree that they should not release this game until its ready.   This is too good a game for fanboys to flunk out because or premature release.  I think the devs "get" this though, because the game was supposed to be available in Nov. ...then January ... and now Amazon has it listed for March.    (They also are still offering the pre-order bonus).
AncientSpirit
Plotter and Writer of ... The Legendary (and by that I mean LONG FORGOTTEN) Fantastic Force!!!!

bredon7777

I'd LOVE to be playing this, but I don't have a scanner so I can't prove I pre-ordered it, and am unwilling to cancel my pre-order and re-order throught digital download

Ok, this is a dumb question- but I won a beta key and cant figure out how to DOWNLOAD and INSTALL the blasted thing.  It let me put the beta key on my account and says i can log in and grant beta access to a character, but I dont have the flipping program.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Failed_Hero

At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

freegentile

electro

Love the new video - Hopefully in the future we'll start to see videos of the heroes starting to take control of the situation :blink: