News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Grey's Future

Started by BentonGrey, July 26, 2010, 03:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What possible mod project interests you most?

Thundercats
6 (18.8%)
The Real Ghostbusters
4 (12.5%)
Marvel characters/teams (state which)
7 (21.9%)
Silverhawks
2 (6.3%)
Other (again, please state)
5 (15.6%)
More Freedom Force adventures
8 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 32

BentonGrey

A while ago I posted a poll talking about what I might do after the DCUG, and if any of y'all have been following, you'll notice that I did take what everyone said into consideration.  However, certain options weren't available to me because of a lack of resources, but that may not always be the case.  I'm going to keep plugging away on my TMNT mod and the Project Superpowers one as well, but there are other things that I might like to do.  I'm just sort of curious if anyone else is interested in them as well.  So, as I work on my half dozen projects, is there anything that you would like to see get added to the mix over something else?  Do we even still play mods? :D  Also, if you are a content creator interested in one of these, please let me know if you'd be willing to contribute a skin, skope, or what have you.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

BlueBard

I started a Ghostbusters mod back before I figured out I had no talent for it.  If you were to do a Ghostbusters mod, I do believe there may be some assets available to you.  I can't recall offhand everyone who was working on it with me, but there were some ghosts being built and I know for a fact that a working Stay-Puft Man got done.  TexasJack and Rain were two of the creators, if I recall.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

BentonGrey

Thanks for the response BB.  I actually was supposed to be on board for that mod.  It was one of my two early, abortive attempts to get into modding, but I too realized that I couldn't hack it.  Thankfully, EZScript came along and let me do quite a bit more than I had ever thought I'd be able to.  I certainly wouldn't mind a chance to go back and revisit that failed project.  I would like it to be specifically the cartoon version though, mostly because I love the 'toon so much!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

murs47

A Superman: Red Son mod would be cool.

BentonGrey

Quote from: murs47 on July 26, 2010, 03:09:52 PM
A Superman: Red Son mod would be cool.

Hmm...I've read the story and thought it was awesome, but I don't think I'll be going back to the DCU for a while. ;)  Maybe one day.....
God Bless

yell0w_lantern

I would like to see some stories that take advantage of alternate skins for the meshes and maybe even some of the content that Afghan Ant was going to use in his abandoned mod.

Gryphon's alternate skins (Arachmiss, Red Coat, Mentalist, etc.)
The Communist version of Freedom Force
Ted Mentor & Dr. Manbot
The aged versions of Minuteman, El Diablo and Alchemiss (by Tortuga?)
Yellow Lantern smash!

kkhohoho

This is really a stretch, and probably wouldn't be done, but I'd be interested in seeing you come up with your own, original ideas. Not that there's anything wrong with what you're already doing, but I think it'd be interesting to see what you could come up with. ;)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Podmark

I voted for a Marvel mod. I think a classic Avengers story would be pretty cool and play to your strengths. Plus almost any resource you'd need is already out there.

That said I don't really play FF much at all so I'm not likely to play the mod. So maybe my vote shouldn't count for much.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BWPS

An X-Men mod would be great. Maybe a good time travel story or something. X-Men are great.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

BentonGrey

Thanks for the feedback guys!  Interesting that so many people would like a Marvel mod.  Pod, you bum, play more FF. ;) 

Quote from: yell0w_lantern on July 26, 2010, 07:08:31 PM
I would like to see some stories that take advantage of alternate skins for the meshes and maybe even some of the content that Afghan Ant was going to use in his abandoned mod.

YL, that's something that I have considered (and still am considering).  I would definitely like to explore some other facets of the Freedom Force setting one day.

Quote from: kkhohoho on July 27, 2010, 01:24:29 AM
This is really a stretch, and probably wouldn't be done, but I'd be interested in seeing you come up with your own, original ideas. Not that there's anything wrong with what you're already doing, but I think it'd be interesting to see what you could come up with. ;)

KK, I appreciate the enthusiasm for my ideas.  You actually may have seen this on a small scale already.  The Count, The Rogue, Ulysses, all of these characters who showed up in PCTales were my creations.  I've thought about trying to do a story with a super team of my own devising, but honestly, the concept of getting skins and skopes created for original characters makes the enterprise more trouble than it's worth.
God Bless

USAgent

My vote is for any incarnation of the Thunderbolts.

BentonGrey

Quote from: USAgent on July 28, 2010, 02:42:44 AM

Hmm.  I've never read anything with them in it. 
God Bless

Podmark

Quote from: BentonGrey on July 28, 2010, 03:49:37 AM

You'd probably like the Kurt Busiek run that started the series. Maybe the Fabian Nicieza run that followed. But the stuff after that probably wouldn't be your thing.

Have you ever read Busiek's Avengers run? If you liked that you'll almost certainly like his Tbolts work which was going on at the same time.
If you haven't read Busiek's Avengers I really recommend it.

Tbolts would make for a neat mod, and most of the skins and meshes are out there. Many of them by me :)
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

kkhohoho

Hmm.  I've never read anything with them in it.  

You should, at least the original author or two's runs. Good stuff.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

BentonGrey

Quote from: Podmark on July 28, 2010, 04:08:23 AM

You'd probably like the Kurt Busiek run that started the series. Maybe the Fabian Nicieza run that followed. But the stuff after that probably wouldn't be your thing.

Have you ever read Busiek's Avengers run? If you liked that you'll almost certainly like his Tbolts work which was going on at the same time.
If you haven't read Busiek's Avengers I really recommend it.

Tbolts would make for a neat mod, and most of the skins and meshes are out there. Many of them by me :)

Alright, I'll see if I can't track down a TPB or something.  I did like Busiek's Avengers run for the most part.  Then again, I like a lot of what he writes.  You never know, I might read the series and really like them, and in that case, I might just end up creating a mod for them. 
God Bless

John Jr.

Good to see you are still modding, buddy. There are so few of us...And maybe less players yet. :(
I voted Marvel, Avengers or Invaders, and you know you can count on me if you need something, including not so great skopes and skins.

BentonGrey

Thanks JJ!  It gives me no small comfort that you are part of the community and still working on your own projects (and showing me up with your jack-of-all-trades skinning and modding)! :D

Alright guys, I will definitely take the results of this poll into consideration.  Y'all have convinced me to finish something that I'd started, and probably expand it a bit.  I hope that some of y'all will see your hopes fulfilled.  However, since I'm nuts and always happy to pile on another project, I've been thinking about something as we traveled home the last few days.  FF has been, as was often the case before, a great distraction for me here recently.

Anyway, would there be any interest in Real Ghostbusters freeroam campaign?  I've been thinking that this might actually be the best way to handle them.  I'd, of course, have to figure out a lot about freeroam, but I think it would be do-able.  So, would there be any interest in that?
God Bless

docdelorean88

YES! TRGB would work perfectly as freeroam!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

swede4444

I'm such a newbie I'm still trying to figure out the gameplay. If I were in your position and had the skills to make a mod, I would think of my favorite fictional universe (or storyline) that is not yet represented in the game, one that will be challenging yet do-able for your skill-set (I'm too new to know everyone's proficiencies), one that would be within the scope of the game, and that will never be possible or available in a commercial package, and make it a reality.

For example, as much as I love the Avengers and the X-Men, there are already mods and commercial games available for them. What do you love?

murs47

Ya Benton, what do you love? I've always wondered.

bearded

bentongrey loves nightwing.
i'd like to change my vote to a freeroam ghostbusters please. movie or cartoon style? and also the real ghostbusters cartoon, with the monkey. and the modern one with the wheelchair.

BentonGrey

Quote from: swede4444 on August 09, 2010, 02:31:13 AM
I'm such a newbie I'm still trying to figure out the gameplay. If I were in your position and had the skills to make a mod, I would think of my favorite fictional universe (or storyline) that is not yet represented in the game, one that will be challenging yet do-able for your skill-set (I'm too new to know everyone's proficiencies), one that would be within the scope of the game, and that will never be possible or available in a commercial package, and make it a reality.

For example, as much as I love the Avengers and the X-Men, there are already mods and commercial games available for them. What do you love?

Hmm, by now, I would have thought it was obvious.

Quote from: bearded on August 09, 2010, 04:52:51 AM
bentongrey loves nightwing.

I will reach through this computer screen and smack you, Bearded....don't think I won't!

Seriously though, what do I love?  Well, there are a great many things that I love.  I've always been someone who was moved by stories, and anything that captures my imagination finds a place in my heart.  I love many (most?) of the classic characters of the DC and Marvel universes, even if I don't love what they have become over the years.  I love the fictions of my childhood, those great cartoons from the 80's, like Transformers and G.I. JOE.  There was something undeniably special about those shows.  What do I love?  Well, take a look at my project list, and especially at my "Projects From the Ether" posts the Greylands.  That is, largely, what those little write-ups are about, 'here are the projects that I would do if time and resources were not an issue.'  However, if I were were to talk about something in the nature of a top ten list...well, that varies from time to time.  I would still love to be able to finish my Aquaman mod and tell a lot of the other DCUG stories I never got around to one day, but I'm way too burnt out on all of that at the moment.  It is the very diverse nature of my thematic interests that cause me to make threads like this.  I'm curious if anyone else has been quietly boiling for years over the lack of a Thundercats game or the like. :D  Ha, I like for my work to be a benefit to the community, helping it to grow and reach out to new members.  That's the reason I've worked to publicize the TMNT mod and Project Superpowers on some fan sites.  To answer your question, though, what do I love?  I'll give you my top ten list of projects, but be aware that the ordering changes daily, if not hourly:

1) Ninja Turtles: I have, very thankfully, gotten to begin this one, and I dearly hope to be able to carry it a long way. http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/further-projects-from-the-ether/
2) Transformers: Val's mod is awesome, but I've always wanted to do my own, focusing more on those few brave Autobots who first landed on Earth in the G1 series.  I am, unfortunately stymied by the limited animations that Val's Transformers share, though about half the characters are built and the first mission written.  I have hopes that one day skopers will surmount this problem. http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/22/return-to-the-ether/
3) Thundercats: Very few settings have been as imaginative as the Thundercat's world of 3rd Earth, even in the rarefied company of 80's 'toons.  I love the characters, and I feel like they would make a great transition to FF.  We just need villlains! http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/projects-in-the-ether/
4) Something Secret: There is something FF related that I would dearly love to see come to pass.  I don't want to talk about it, because there is a chance one day I will do it...but until then I don't want anyone expecting it.
5) The Real Ghostbusters: Like I said, this was a great cartoon, and the concept of the Ghostbusters themselves is just a fantastic one.  It would, I imagine, work great as a freeroam. http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/the-creature-from-beyond-the-ether/
6) G.I. JOE: One of my all time favorite settings, and desipte my abortive previous attempt to bring these guys to FF, I eventually realized that they just don't belong in this game. http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/16/even-more-projects-from-the-ether/
7) Marvel Adventures: Once upon a time, before the gigantic scale and quite a bit of other ugliness attached to the DCUG cured me of the idea, I had planned to take on a similar Marvel Project.  Instead, I would still like to visit a few different characters and settings, on a much smaller scale.  I may very well get to this one day.  http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/more-projects-from-the-ether/
8) Batman Freeroam: Ohh, I've dreamed of this for a long time.  Ever since I played Spider-Man II and realized just how perfect such a setting would be for Batman, I've thought of it.  This is still too close to the DCUG stuff for me to do it any time soon, though. http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/return-of-the-son-of-the-ether-part-ii/
9) The Crusaders: My own creations, my own characters, but what would I do with them?  It involves The Rogue, along with several other new heroes (including an Aquaman analog, of course) and a mysterious aquatic evil! http://bentongrey.wordpress.com/2010/01/19/back-to-the-ether-and-projects-from/
10) The DCUG: There are about three dozen campaigns I haven't finished or even begun, including Hawkman, Aquaman, the Atom, Green Lantern, Flash, Batman, Mr. Miracle, and many, many more.  Their storylines are all written out, and I may very well come back to them one day...until then, they wait in narrative limbo.
God Bless

Spe-Dog

I voted for Thundercats, but I haven't really seen a good Hulk mod.  Perhaps a Pantheon or WWH mod would be cool...
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

billdamn22

I chose other. I am not as interested in mainstream mods and such as I used to be. Though the amount of content available for you to use is limitless. I would like to see something different.

Freedom Reborn mod?
Villains Reborn mod?
Freedom Force mod set in the current timeline featuring new characters or the sons and daughters of the originals?
A completely original mod utilizing avatars defending their rights to exist in a world where all of the planet's governments unite to take down the superhuman threat?

Just some random thoughts.....

herodad1

what about a mod kinda like the contest of champions series? you'd have an objective, pick your team based on characters available but you'd never know who your opposing team would be until after your team is assembled. characters available would be from different universes. DC, MARVEL, ect. even characters like the Tick, Hellboy, Ninja Turtles, Project Superpowers heroes, or Transformers could be optional picks. the game could be between two cosmic entities.   :thumbup:

Cyber Burn

More Freedom Force adventures

I'd like to see more done based on and in thr FF Universe, maybe a few new characters, defenitely a new villian, and I am not real pick about the timeline.

In regards to mainstream. I'd love to see a Marvel Comic's Squadron Supreme mod based on the old mini from back in the 80"s, maybe based on the actual series itself.

Spe-Dog

Benton, wasn't The Crusaders the Archie characters' supergroup? (The Fly, The Shield, Jaguar...)
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker