News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

My Father vs. Cancer

Started by daglob, November 08, 2010, 03:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

I've mentioned to some of you that my father has terminal cancer. He went to his doctor Thrusday and was pronounced "cancer free". I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I figure one of two things:

1. He out-stubborned the cancer

2. Death got so tired trying to keep up with him that Death had to take a holiday.

Seriously, though, he just plain decided that he did not want to die.

NEVER give up. Even if it doesn't help, it can't hurt.

Epimethee

So very happy for your family, Daglob.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

MJB

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

bearded

GhostMachine

tommyboy

Good news, congratulations to you, your family, and to him.

Xenolith

Great news!  I believe a postive outlook makes a big difference with health.  I guess in your dad's case he was stubborn.  Does he like being stubborn?  :)

Figure Fan

I read about this on your website, actually. This is GREAT news. He's a trooper, that's for sure. :thumbup:

John Jr.

Great news, I'm very happy for you.
And yes, some stubbornness helps a lot when you're facing health problems. Sometimes we just have to go on, even when things look bleak.

Tawodi Osdi

I'm glad things are working out and I pray that they continue in that direction.

Cyber Burn

Good things to good people daglob. I pray that this continues.  :D

cmdrkoenig67

Glitch Girl

Congratulations!  That's great news! 

I kinda like the concept of "outstubborning the cancer". 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

Part of what makes it really remarkable is that he was given six months to two years to live... in 1998.

docdelorean88

Absolutely astonishing DaGlob! What wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear this! This is such an inspirational tale! Thankyou so much for sharing with us!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

lugaru

Simply amazing, such good news.

bearded

murs47

That's great news Daglob. Congratulations to you and your family. :thumbup:

BentonGrey

That is so amazing DG.  Congratulations to your father.  Cancer is such a terrifying thing, and to be able to persevere against the odds like that is just wonderful.  I am really happy for you and your family!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bat1987

As someone who lost his father to cancer, I know how horrible the disease is.
Really happy for you and your family mate. This is miraculous! May your father have long and fulfilling life.

KRnut82

That is awesome news daglob!  :thumbup:
What's all this? It looks like Darth Vader's bathroom. - Michael Knight upon seeing KITT's dash in the 1982 Knight Rider pilot.

Avatar made and hosted for me by GhostMachine.

MikeB7

That's just outstanding!  Great to hear such an inspiring story!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Dartman X

Just had a good friend's brother pass away after a long battle himself, so it's great to hear some good news.  Good for your Dad!  Sometimes it pays to be a stubborn so-and-so!  God Bless him!
[IMG]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5296/brucecu2.jpg[/img]

"I don't throw everything into the sun..."  The Sentry