News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skopes rarely ever show up

Started by Battleclad, September 21, 2010, 11:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battleclad

So I've rummaged google, various forums and sites however I still find myself cursing the white block effect in  :ff:

I've completely removed any meshes and skins that need dds and I've pretty run through every single folder hunting for missing things and such. Still it seems my computer doesn't get along with most (if not all) skopes and just loads them as blocks. I've noticed however the ones the game doesn't like as usually the ones the character tool doesn't like opening.

Now I know this has been asked but is there anyway I can get meshes that white block even though they came with .tga's to work? Nothing I've found to date seems to offer a solution to the issue, although I am pondering if it's to do with vista but I highly dobt it as I haven't seen any other issues.

Thanks in advance for any and all help offered.

- Battleclad

EDIT: If needed I can rummage up a list of afflicted meshes and see if anyone knows some fixes or why for any of them.

Previsionary

The skopes you're trying to install into FF1 are likely FFv3R only. If that's true, then they're not going to work for FF1 in any circumstance (staying simplistic here). I can tell you that the majority of skopes ARE ffv3R only with only a few being usable in FF1 at all in their natural state.
Disappear when you least expe--

Battleclad

I had a feeling it was something along those lines, which is rather annoying as I kind of wish they'd tag them as FFv3R only. Still I can at least raid the skins to the most likely mesh, given I can open tga and dds in Photoshop, so it's not a total loss. Just rather annoying as some of the best are skopes, still all the more reason to grab a copy of FFv3R.

Cheers for the swift answer though.

- Battleclad