Looking for few characters

Started by Evil Phoenix, August 29, 2010, 09:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil Phoenix

I want to know there is Two Face like in Dark Knight movie ? Robin like in Batman & Robin ? and where i can get skins for Superman_AA Updated (readme says
Superman
Original Geomtry - Renegade, Vertex, and Ink
Skope by AfghanAnt
Keyframes: Include by Renegade
Base skin: male_basic by AfghanAnt
Skin By Afghan Ant

just want more skins than 1 ,so maybe there is skins like from movie but for mesh that i sayd ,i want to have different versions,i have Ult Superman,Standard, and now searching for skins to him,since movie Superman a little different,and it would be good if someone would post links to all sites they know where i can get meshes,skins etc,and it would help much
DC: Red Hood,Nightwing,Kyle Rayner,Rorschach,Batman Beyond.
Marvel: Punisher,Cable,Spider-Man,Wolverine,Iron Man,Blade
Star Wars: Darth Revan,Darth Vader
Power Rangers:Black Dino Ranger,Koragg,Gold Zeo Ranger
Other: Nero(DMC),Vergil(DMC),Jason Voorhees(F13),Kenny(Obscure 1-2),Jigsaw(Saw Movies)

John Jr.

There's no new skins for AA's Superman (yet, just wait a little longer), but you can find a great Superman returns skope and skin by AA in the same site you got his regular Superman.
If you want Christopher Reeve Superman you have to get Vertex's Superboy mesh here:
http://ffcenter.net/vertexual_reality/index.html
And a C6 Superman the Movie skin (and a lot of alternate Superboy/man versions) here:
http://www.alexff.com/stuffC6-DC.php

Evil Phoenix

thanks but i will wait,hope to see some new skins,maybe 1 like standard but blue is more darker and red too,no logo on cape,logo on shirt without yellow etc
Other: Nero(DMC),Vergil(DMC),Jason Voorhees(F13),Kenny(Obscure 1-2),Jigsaw(Saw Movies)

murs47

You know you could always give skinning a try. There are a lot tutorials out there to get you started.

Evil Phoenix

yeah i tryed skinnig and make models on different games,and failed

murs47

To be honest, learning to skin is your best bet at getting what you want. Otherwise you may be waiting around for a very long time.

Evil Phoenix

dude,there is thousand of games and much more mods for them,and Request thread is exist for it,to make mods that people asked for,there is many mods that not much people used,authors just wasted time and people who asked it dont want it anymore,so i asked about mods that i want and going to used,if someone want to make character mod but dont know which one to make then he could read my request and make it,modding is not best what i can for sure,im planning to open a little business that making cartoons and other stuff ,so i dont see the reason to learn 100 times how to make mods if its not mine ,iv tryed a little to change sounds in other games and music,and it works,but skinning and modeling not mine like i sayd already

murs47

I understand all that buddy. But, this is an old game, and there's not a lot active creators left. And the few that are active don't really take requests. That's why I suggested learning to skin. Plus, it's a great skill to have and you can apply it to future endeavors.

Evil Phoenix

like i sayd i tryed many times,but its just not what i can do good,if i could then i wouldnt ask,there is enough people to make few characters,just work together,used existed models,skin them,make animations or i dont know what else need to be done and everyone would be happy

Evil Phoenix

BentonGrey

I remember when I first got here, much to my everlasting shame, I PM'd Dr.Mike, the premiere modder of FR, and said more or less, "why don't you make this mod for me?"  Dr.Mike, always a nice fellow, patiently explained to me that making a mod was a very arduous and time consuming proposition, and that my best chance to get something made was to make it myself.  At the time I thought that was a bit of an insulting brush off, but when I actually tried to learn HOW to mod, I came to understand.  Now, after four years spent creating the DCUG, I understand very well just how exacting a process modding can be.  Murs isn't insulting you, he's inviting you to A) help yourself, and B) understand what it is you're asking for.

This is an old community for a game that is getting a little older as well.  There are tons and TONS of resources out there for Freedom Force, and we are happy to share them and help people find them.  However, as Murs said, there aren't that many people still making new content, and they are generally busy with their own projects.  You have to remember that these people don't work for you, they don't work for me, and they aren't getting paid.  They are doing this because they enjoy it, and when they DO grant a request, it is a very generous thing to do.  If you've tried skinning and haven't been able to master it, then you have some small idea of just how difficult and time consuming it is.  Meshing is even more so when it comes to animating.

Murs has suggested what is often suggested to new members of the community who don't entirely grasp the weight of their requests, and that is to contribute something if you want to get something.  A lot of us love this game, and we love the community, and because we want to give something back, we find some way to create.  I can't skin or mesh to save my life, so I started out making voice packs.  Then I learned how to mod (after a fashion), and even though I can never even begin to repay the community for the untold hours of fun and adventure that their efforts in this game have given me, I can at least try.  The best part about this is that now when I want a particular type of adventure, I can make it myself.  In addition to that, people actually HELP me make these things by occasionally skinning my requests or even making meshes.  They are often willing to do this because I'm contributing my own small efforts to the community.

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

John Jr.

Just to prove Benton's point.
I'm not an artist, I never studied arts, and I barely understand Photoshop. But I needed some skopes and skins to a mod I really wanted to do. Unfortunately no one was interested in make those characters, so, I had to make them myself. It took a lot of time and hard work, and a lot of tips of a lot of real skinners (and Murs with his tutorials and tips helped me a lot in the process), but I managed to do decent skins for the characters I needed and I could make the mod.
Today I can make my own characters, I'm not one of the best (FAR from it), but they're reasonable enough. I love when a real skinner, like AA or Murs, does one of my favorite characters, but I'm glad I learned enough about skinning to make the guys no one else wants to do.
So, Murs is trying to help you, just like he (and a lot of others great guys) helped me.
This is a very friendly community and we'll try to help you to find what you need, but sometimes it's take time, and we can't get every character we need unless we did them ourselves.

daglob

There is at least one free graphics program out there: GIMP. Although not presently on my hard drive, I have downloaded it and played with it a little. It doesn't do anything Photoshop doesn't, but I was amazed at the stuff it does do in common with PS. I'm telling you this for a reason.

When I started playing this game, there were a lot of characters I wanted to play. Not all of them had been made, and some of the ones that hadn't weren't high on anyone's "To Do" list (I bet all the creators have one. Bevo just did Robert E. Howard's  Solomon Kane, who was on my list, but not near the top), so I had to either wait or learn how to do them myself. I was a commercial arts major (back when they had such things) and knew my way around a graphics program, so I started doing my own. So now I have a Popeye (I did it myself), and my patience was rewarded with Volstagg, Herbie, and, most recently, a bat. If you have a question, just ask and you will find that several people answer.

And a couple of times, upon posting a picture of a work in progress or a makeshift version of a character, one of the meshers has said "Now you've got me wanting to do that", or something similar.  And they did it.

It's new, it's fun, and you want all the stuff you can get. Just bide your time. There is no telling who might see your request and answer it.

Cyber Burn

Please don't think of me as being rude, but I have to agree with the lasts few posts. I am not an artist in any way, shape, or form. But I still did make the attempt to create my own skins. I think that maybe the other members here are suggesting that in your future efforts to make skins, you may begin to understand that this is not a quick or easy process. Hopefully, that will help you to better appreciate those who do continue to create here.

On a side note, maybe if you were to bullet your requests, and included specific picture references, it would help others to better see your requests, as well to give them a better understanding of what you want.

Evil Phoenix

Quote from: Cyber Burn on August 30, 2010, 06:50:45 AM
Please don't think of me as being rude, but I have to agree with the lasts few posts. I am not an artist in any way, shape, or form. But I still did make the attempt to create my own skins. I think that maybe the other members here are suggesting that in your future efforts to make skins, you may begin to understand that this is not a quick or easy process. Hopefully, that will help you to better appreciate those who do continue to create here.

On a side note, maybe if you were to bullet your requests, and included specific picture references, it would help others to better see your requests, as well to give them a better understanding of what you want.
yeah well i can post a pictures ,and like i sayd few characters left,so how they would make them,use existed but just delete some part or not ,dont know ,but only need those Red Hood (like in cartoon,bigger body,knife attacks,pistol,flash grenade ,throwing stars and BLACK jacket instead of Brown etc) Black Mask (like on picture),Fifefly like on picture,and Nightwing that already exist but just want him without weapons,im not asking to make it fast or something,just in time ,since there is already many meshes,and its personal request so cant be problems ,like i sayd many times iv tryed making mods like skins,and models on different games and i understood that its not mine,guy who maded skins for me living in other city but in same country,i dont have his contact info or something,he maded good skins for some games for money or other kind of payment,but since now i cant ask him i have to ask here ,i know modding cost much time but request thread exist to asking people for request