News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Question about Onomatopoeia.

Started by bredon7777, August 04, 2010, 02:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bredon7777

I could swear I read a comic where Onomatopoeia was revealed to be deaf in his secret identity, but I can't find it.

Given that he is very clearly not deaf in the new Kevin Smith Batman mini, can someone verify if Smith made a continuity error or if I'm just going nuts? Thanks.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

marhawkman

Who? I can think of a dictionary definition, not a comic char.....

Podmark

Quote from: marhawkman on August 04, 2010, 06:38:01 PM
Who? I can think of a dictionary definition, not a comic char.....

He's a DC villain.

Bredon I believe Onomatopoeia was created by Kevin Smith, so if he's ignoring continuity he's probably ignoring continuity he wrote.

EDIT: I looked at his wiki page and it didn't mention anything about being deaf.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Previsionary

I'm not well versed on the character, but I don't recall anyone ever writing him as deaf. I also haven't seen that acknowledged on any comic related site, so either it's really obscure information, you're misremembering, or the source of that info was incorrect or taken down. I don't even think Onomatopoeia has had much of his origins revealed considering how rarely he appears.
Disappear when you least expe--

bredon7777

I'd swear the last time we saw him in his secret identity, it showed him putting on a set of headphones labeled "hearing aid" and then talking ASL to one of his two kids....

"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman