A tough one: Left-handed shooting animation that can be skoped onto Raza_INK?

Started by ElijahSnowFan, July 25, 2010, 09:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElijahSnowFan

Hi, guys!

I did a very, very, very, very basic thing, merely adding a gun from Ink's XTreme Bishop to Ink's Raza_INK, on the left hand, so now Raza's got a sword on the right, gun on the left.

Unfortunately -- and believe me, I have flat-out looked -- I can't find a left-handed shooting animation that will work with the mesh.

Soooo...my question. Can any of you skopers tell me if it's even possible to do this, before I continue looking? For instance, Tommy's got some lefty shooting keyframes...heck, the Bishop mesh itself has them, but the kfs aren't compatible.

Please, no one take my head off: I'm not asking anyone to do the work, as a request. I really am trying to learn how to do this kind of thing on my own. I'm wondering, before I go that far, if it's even possible to transfer that kind of animation onto a mesh that doesn't have that?

Xenolith

It might be easier to skope  mesh that uses the animations you want, but I'm no expert.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: Xenolith on July 25, 2010, 09:22:02 PM
It might be easier to skope  mesh that uses the animations you want, but I'm no expert.

Ouch, if I have to attempt that...my skill level's not at the point where I could attempt to do wholesale changes to an existing mesh -- nothing's worse than messing with a mesh for hours and then realizing you don't have the knowledge to finish what you started (which happens to me when I try to do extensive things).

I'd have to think long and hard about that one...but thanks for answering!

daglob

Basically, there are very few left handed animations.

...and I do mean very.

ElijahSnowFan

Quote from: daglob on July 26, 2010, 04:32:07 AM
Basically, there are very few left handed animations.

...and I do mean very.

Thanks for the response, DaGlob! I fully realize if you're saying that, then it's pretty pointless to dream that little dream, so I'll move on to something else. Appreciate you answering the question!

laughing paradox

Could you try the Deadpool mesh that Murs uses?

It has animation for both ranged guns and melee swords, so it could fit the character's capabilities pretty well.

Kenn

What about something like the Taskmaster Cordless animations, but swapped right and left?
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on July 31, 2010, 11:28:42 PM
What about something like the Taskmaster Cordless animations, but swapped right and left?

How does one do this? I'd like for Spyman to use his electro-robotic hand for something other than multi-pummle.

Kenn

One of the many different things that I discovered that can be done with NifSkope is to "Flip Face" on the triangles that make up the surfaces of meshes.   Because the thing is most meshes the surfaces are only visible on one side.  So if you try to switch the right and left sides through hex editing (basically changing a multiplier to -1), one can't see the outer surface, but you can see through the mesh to the inner portion of the other side.  It's funky.  But this flipping face on the triangles corrects this.  Of course any given mesh there are thousands of triangles to flip.

I'm working on a program that does all this, because flipping thousands of triangles one at a time is such a drag.  I'm still working on it to make it easy enough for anyone to use before I release it, but the gist of it is working.  So, in the short term sending me a PM asking me if I could invert such and such mesh is probably the way to go.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.