what's in your lair now?

Started by bearded, August 07, 2010, 08:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

achived:
http://freedomreborn.net/archive/index.php?topic=46062.0
in addition to:
Quotemy cave is in a mostly dormant volcano.  hanging on the wall are devil dolls wings (it's why she doesn't have any.  i took 'em.)  on a coatrack is the shadows hat and scarf (it was a Great Hunt to find them.)
i also admit to the holly hobby custom action figures, as per:
QuoteQuote from: bearded on February 06, 2008, 12:17:53 PM
so...no one actually lives in their parents basement?  i think there should be a superhero group that meets in their parents basement, filled with comics.  the man-cave.

But surely, BiL, 'twould be unoriginal of the rest of us simply to follow in the footsteps of you and your Holly Hobbie dolls, would it not?

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Fop o' th' Morning
what is in your mancave now?

cmdrkoenig67

Mine's far too dark to be able to tell what's in it...For sure...  :unsure:

Dana :blink:

JeyNyce

Maybe I'll post some pics later.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Deaths Jester

Just think booze, women and implements of death...that's all...now go away, I have some work to do.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Tawodi Osdi

I would need at least two rooms.  One would have a study and library with many books of knowledge and literature with an advanced computer system with fast Internet.  The other would have a full gym with heavy bags, a speed bag, weight equipment, heavy floor mats, and martial arts training equipment.

Reepicheep

All I'd ever need is a laptop and I'm right at home.

Oh, and a giant moon base laser.

BlueBard

I don't have a lair :(

Not enough space in my dinky little bungalow for one.

At least not until my mole men finish the subterranean excavation.  I'm still waiting for the permit from the city.
STO/CO: @bluegeek

JeyNyce

Only wimpy "heroes" has lairs.  Do you see Batman calling his spot the Bat-Lair?  No!  He has a MANCAVE!

The Phantom Eyebrow

Quote from: JeyNyce on August 16, 2010, 05:45:16 PM
Only wimpy "heroes" has lairs.  Do you see Batman calling his spot the Bat-Lair?  No!  He has a MANCAVE!

* Is slightly afraid to click link... *

BlueBard

Lairs are really more for predatory animals, monsters, and villains, dont'cha think?  I don't fit any of those categories.

As far as "mancaves" go, Superman doesn't have a man-cave.  He has a Fortress of Solitude.  If I'm going to aspire to anything, I think a fortress beats out a cave any day.

JeyNyce

Quote from: BlueBard on August 18, 2010, 06:40:32 PM
Lairs are really more for predatory animals, monsters, and villains, dont'cha think?  I don't fit any of those categories.
As far as "mancaves" go, Superman doesn't have a man-cave.  He has a Fortress of Solitude.  If I'm going to aspire to anything, I think a fortress beats out a cave any day.

Of course he has a Fortress,.........He's SUPERMAN......d'uh!   :P

BlueBard

All I want is one Kryptonian crystal.  I don't mind growing my own fortress.

ow_tiobe_sb

Zounds! how the time does pass!  To update this reply, I can report that a tangled network (probably the only network not facilitated by Cisco in this day and age) of cobwebs inhabits the once bright and inviting Melmoth Hall (clearly neglected by the absent eye of Lane, whose whereabouts are unknown).  Perhaps the only object of note to catch one's eye is a gnarled shillelagh abandoned in a corner near the kitchen's dumb-waiter.

Right.  Now I'm thoroughly depressed.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

cmdrkoenig67

Only wimpy "heroes" has lairs.  Do you see Batman calling his spot the Bat-Lair?  No!  He has a MANCAVE!

Bah!...Batman's Bat Cave blows all of those away, like dust in the wind....Heck...IMHO, this "mancave" http://bombastandthunder.blogspot.com/2010/03/ultimate-rpg-game-room.html blows most of them away (even without the big screen brain-drainers)...This is coming from the guy who has never played a tabletop RPG...

Dana

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on August 19, 2010, 07:48:38 PM
This is coming from the guy who has never played a tabletop RPG...

Dana

You've a great deal of nerve approaching within 50 metres of this forum, Dana.  I'll give you a 2d10 chance of escaping if you leave peaceably now.  Otherwise, there will be a 2d10 chance that I will need to sic 3d4 owlbears on you and your party.

ow_tiobe_sb
Two words: Moog.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: ow_tiobe_sb on August 19, 2010, 08:02:05 PM
Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on August 19, 2010, 07:48:38 PM
This is coming from the guy who has never played a tabletop RPG...

Dana

You've a great deal of nerve approaching within 50 metres of this forum, Dana.  I'll give you a 2d10 chance of escaping if you leave peaceably now.  Otherwise, there will be a 2d10 chance that I will need to sic 3d4 owlbears on you and your party.

ow_tiobe_sb

Owlbears?!?!?! OWLBEARS?!?!?!  Why not go with Will o' Wisps?  Or trolls?  Or even the grand puba...Diamond dragons?
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.