Taking up the cape.........Who would take over the cape of superman?

Started by thalaw2, June 23, 2010, 01:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spe-Dog

Superman was gone for a whole year at one point before the One Year Later stories put Clark back in the blue longjohns.  As he even pointed out, Luthor did bupkis to actually help anyone or fill the power vacuum, even after he has gone on for years about what he could accomplish with Superman out of the way.  He only tried to steal Kryptonian tech and prove his dominance yet again.  Luthor is in it for Luthor and he's just lied to himself over the years thinking that any part of his motivation is to help the human race; so much so that he has probably bought into it himself.

As for the actual replacement, I think it would have to be Connor.  Mon-El is either in the future or trapped in the Phantom Zone due to the lead poisoning.  Icon would be an awesome choice, but I would like to see him carve out more of his own legend and much like Batman, I think that Superman's legacy should be carried on by family and that really only leaves Connor or Kara; and I know that Connor would be gung-ho to take up the mantle of the 'S'.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

Tawodi Osdi

Of course if anyone were to try to inherent Supes' mantle, they would likely inherent his rogues gallery.  In which case the S would stand for Shoot-Me-Now Man.

marhawkman

hehe... that's funny.  but sooo true.  Of course if they had a proper mentor in how to fill the role they'd probably not get killed.

Spe-Dog

I dunno.  If you held up Prankster as a Superman foe example, you might get more takers.
"I am the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist.  I make art until somebody dies"--The Joker

JeyNyce

If Supes were to ever leave, people would try to take his place and all would fail.  I think the JLA would just step up and fill his duties as best as they could.  Nobody would actually become the "next Superman"
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Ajax

A young boy mocked by his peers for being geeky, consoles himself while working as an intern for a scientist at Metropolis University, when all of a sudden Superman bust through the ceiling. The two collide and fall into the path of the experiment, lets say a radiation laser beam, and the young boy inherits the powers of Superman after getting bitten by Supes. Later he tries his hand at pro-wrestling, but through a series of coincidences his Uncle, Brother gets shot, thus teaching his the importance of guilt responsibility. Thus he takes up the name of Super-Man now with a hyphen!

cmdrkoenig67