News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

The return of Seniority

Started by Tortuga, October 02, 2010, 04:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tortuga

Ooga booga FRers,

Some of you may remember that a few years back, zuludelta and I had started working on a comic project together.  Well, that fizzled but now it's back and rockin' along thanks to a new collaborator.

I've started a blog called "Kleine Onleine" where I'll post newsy-type things about making Seniority as well as other creative projects.  Check it out here -> http://jkleine.wordpress.com/

Thanks!

Previsionary

That's awesome, Tortuga, because I was actually wondering what happened to that project a few months ago. Where is Zulu anyway? I miss his comic reviews and art stylings. :(
Disappear when you least expe--

lugaru

Tim Rees is a beast... does he have any published work?

On Zulu yeah I miss him too... we had similar tastes so not only did he do a lot of skins that I might as well have requested but also he was a great guy to chat with about comics, very big on marvel street level.

Tortuga

Thanks guys.

I haven't heard from zulu for a couple years now.  He was great for bouncing ideas around with.  Tim has been great as well.  He's been inking up a storm...we're one page away from having the first 8 done.  I'm in the process of looking for a colorist to bring these pages some extra zing!

Outcast

I think it's been a while since Zulu logged or posted, I do hope Zulu's doing ok.

But i'm glad your getting back to Seniority, you had some pretty cool characters.

Nice site by the way too. :)

Tortuga

Thanks, Outcast.  I've had the blog in some form or another for a couple years, but it was time to put it out there finally.  Gotta some some kind of internet storefront when you're hunting for collaborators.

As for zulu, I haven't heard from him in ages.  Last I remember is he was having some medical issues (causing him to quit working on Seniority) and he was working as a tutor.

I posted a couple of Tim's character designs for Seniority's Magnate and Successor on the blog, both inspired by zulu's designs.  Since sigs aren't working, the link is jkleine.wordpress.com

Outcast

It's nice to see some solo poses from some of your original characters Tortuga. Terrific drawings from Tim, hope you guys get somebody to color these soon. :) Eagerly anticipating the next batch of drawings too. ^_^

Tortuga

I think I have a colorist...wahoo!  In fact, I may have two  :wacko:  I'll get some samples from both of them soon and figure out how to make this work.

Anyways, I've posted the inks for page 8 on my blog (http://jkleine.wordpress.com/). Check it!

Outcast

Enjoyed the new pics Tortuga. It got me really interested in this Adrenaline character of yours. Like what his powers are, his background/origin and not to mention the colors of his costume... :)

Tortuga

Colors!

http://jkleine.wordpress.com/

Hey Outcast, Adrenaline is actually a girl, heh.  I asked the artist to purposely not overdo the bustiness of the female characters, so that may be visually difficult to tell from that page. 

Adrenaline was actually the first character I thought of for Seniority almost 4 years ago.  Before that, even, Adrenaline was an original skin I had made for Freedom Force, but the costume has changed.  I was thinking of my situation, being 32 (then) and faced with a progressive disease which makes a walker/wheelchair a part of my own future (I have something called Friedreich's Ataxia -- for info go to www.curefa.org).  I thought of a superhero that would really get messed up from that same sort of condition and Adrenaline popped into my mind.

Initially, I imagined her as a 60-year old, so you won't meet the older Adrenaline until later in the series...it's called Seniority after all.

herodad1

i'd like to play them in game! diggin' successor! whats his history/powers/abilities?

Outcast

Sweet designs,color and character names, Tortuga. :thumbup:

Adrenaline is a she?! :o :doh: :P

Well maybe there will be a full solo picture of her next time and fully colored, just like these latest batch. :cool:

Edit: I looked at your first picture post on October 1st., Noticed that Adrenaline was in the group pic, she looks like a girl there. :P :doh:

Tortuga

Thanks for the comments and encouragement, guys.

I'll post Adrenaline's colored design sketch in the next batch, Outcast.

herodad1, Successor's origin is probably the most complicated one I've written so to go into it here would take a looong post.  In upcoming stories, his origin is explained as he passes on his role to the next Successor.

Zapow

[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage