News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Season 2.0 is Online

Started by BlueBard, July 27, 2010, 09:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBard

I can't wait to download the Season 2 update!

If you don't know what's generally in it, well, you haven't read my Engineering Report update, have you?

FYI... as of this writing, there is a resource issue involving lots of people downloading the update and a new patch-on-demand feature that downloads new star cluster maps and such as you need them.  Some folks are timing out when they try to enter a new map.  Cryptic is aware of the problem and working on a solution, but have assured players that this should iron out as the volume of updates decreases.

Special Refit ships are now available to Rear Admiral/Lieutenant General players.  These can be purchased with ship tokens awarded for reaching that lofty rank, by obtaining enough badges to purchase them in-game, or through the C-Store for the impatient.  As these are T5 ships, only Rear Admirals can obtain them.

The Klingons only have one refit available at this time, a carrier-class vessel.  Unlike the other refits, this one can only be obtained with a ship token.

The Feds have three refits: A T5 Galaxy class that has saucer separation, a T5 Intrepid (Voyager) class with Ablative Armor, and a T5 Defiant class with a cloaking device (not a battle cloak like the Bird-of-Prey).

I have also seen a bug report where someone was unable to release a ship in order to obtain a new one.  This is a 'bug'.  Cryptic is aware of it.  Unless you really, really like to spend money, you don't need to purchase extra ship slots to get your refit.  You might just need to wait a bit until this gets fixed.  If you haven't used up all your slots yet, you don't have a problem.

The Refit FAQ is here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=170962

If you don't have anything better to do, go play dabo at Quark's bar or something.
STO/CO: @bluegeek