News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

E3 2010 Video footage

Started by electro, June 06, 2010, 04:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electro

I know it's cliche to say this is years Electronic Entertainment Expo is going to be the best ever but, there are tons of killer games & devices that i'm looking forward too preveiwing this year - What are some of the ones your interested in seeing? :blink:

List of things to look forward too.
Marvel vs capcom 3
Gears of War 3
Metroid Other M
The Last Guardian
Crysis 2
DC Universe Online
Nintendo 3DS
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic MMO
Rage
Halo Reach
Fallout New Vegas
Project Natal
Batman Arkham Asylum 2
Fable 3
New Zelda
PSP2
Playstation Move controller
Wii vitality sensor
test drive unlimited 2
Metal Gear Solid Rising (maybe)
Call of Duty Black Ops
Grand Turismo 5
Little Big Planet 2
Bulletstorm
Infamous 2
Castlevania Lord of Shadows
Dead Rising 2
KoFXIII
Transformers War on Cybertron
SHANK (XBL)

And many more.....

crimsonquill

yeah, some of mine are covered above..

I'm most curious about Dead Rising 2.. especially since it's also finally getting a PC version (I ended up stuck with the Wii version of the first one)

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

detourne_me

2010 has been the best year for games ever I'd say... it's been pretty crazy how many AAA titles have been released already...Mass Effect 2, God of War 3, Red Dead Redemption, Splinter Cell:Conviction, Just Cause 2, Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, etc.
it's almost hard to get even more excited about the new games coming out...  especially Fallout: New Vegas... I really want to be excited about it... but i havent seen anything that makes my eyes pop yet.
Other than that, Batman AA2 is definitely on my 'must buy' list.

Podmark

I'm most excited about Arkham Asylum 2. Been replaying the first one lately, it's so very awesome.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Velocity

Yeah, for me it's MarvCap3 and AA2. That's pretty much it.

murs47

Halo Reach, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, and I'm hoping another expansion for Dawn of War 2 will be announced.

BWPS

I need to fix my Wii, of course I also need more time for games.

New Zelda
Pokemon Black and White
3DS
INfamous 2
The Last Guardian
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

electro

I'll update the list with the ones I failed to mention - For me it's all about Gears of War 3 - I can't wait to view the new mech suits called the Silverback's - I will probably play a good handfull of the the games on this list like DC Online, MvC3,The Last Guardian but, I want to view them all - There's always games that i'm not interested in till I see them in motion & change my mind :blink:
Spoiler
Spoiler

bredon7777

3ds
Project Natal
Arkham Asylum 2
New Vegas
DCU online
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

JeyNyce

In a nutshell....Start saving now!
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Cardmaster

LittleBigPlanet 2 is my number one that I'm excited for.^_^
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

TheMarvell

-Halo Reach
-Castlevania Lord of Shadows
-Star Wars Force Unleashed 2
-Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
-Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
-Gears of War 3
-The Last Guardian (although I don't have a PS3...)

On Xbox Live:
-Shank
-Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
-Sonic 4
-Monkey Island 2 Special Edition

I feel like I'm missing something big though. There's a LOT of big titles coming out, but these are the main ones I'm interested in, and the only one that seems to be a must buy day 1 is Halo Reach (to me) and Gears 3, but that's not until next year. Maybe Fable 3, but I was really underwhelmed by Fable 2 so I'll probably wait for that.

Obviously the big hype this year is Project Natal and the Playstation Move. I'm not interested in either, and if it's anything the gaming industry should learn from the past, it's that peripherals seldom, if ever, succeed. But maybe this will be different since it seems the lifespan of this gen's consoles is lasting quite a bit longer (which is fine by me, I feel like I just got into it)

Kind of a tame list for me this year, all things considered. There's always the chance something big will be announced. Legacy of Kain 6 would make me completely stoked.

daerdevil

Rock Band 3 does it for me.  Backwards compatible with all songs, new instruments (keyboard, 6 string guitars) and up to 7 players (3 vocalists, guitar, drums, bass, and keyboards), and Dio on the disc and I'm officially excited about E3 2010.

http://www.rockband.com/press

Mr. Hamrick

Let's see...

Definites on my list:
LA Noir
Batman: Arkham Asylum 2
Fable 3

Maybes
Spiderman: Shattered Dimensions (if its anything like Batman Arkham Asylum gameplay wise then I am in!)
DCU Online (I want it but I don't have a PS3.  I have a mac and not a PC too.  :(  Might be screwed until I can get a PS3.)

either Grand Turismo 5 or Test Drive Unlimited 2 (more for my dad and his friends than me.  They were complaining about no NASCAR game and wanting a driving game.)

electro

Now that we have some videos from the show , well let's show'em! :blink:

Gears of War 3 demo : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6f-TZGH0E

Kotor MMO : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGvAJ6-SsY

Star Wars for the Kinetic (formaly named project Natal) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8kil3vCvsA

Midnite

Video Walkthrough Of The New Xbox 360

So the Ps3 goes from shiny to matted, touch sensitive to actual buttons, chrome to no chrome. Now the 360 does the reverse.

Sony decided to ditch those to cut cost in mass production, I guess MS will learn later?

Podmark

Thanks for posting that Midnite. I was curious what the new model would be like.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Midnite

E3 2010: PlayStation Plus Announcement

Sony just announced the 2 tier system for online network.

PSN - Free online
Playstation Plus - 1yr for 49.99 or 3 months for $17.99

Tortuga

There isn't a ton of stuff but there is...
-Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
-Fable 3
-Kinect stuff (for the Tortlings)

That's about it for now.

electro

MvC 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSKIJjoMxQ

Bulletstorm : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfCqw_8iKo

They had 30 min of Kotor MMO on G4 tv today but can't find any footage just yet of that - It was awesome thow - Still no preview of DC Online yet :blink:

lugaru

All the kicking in bulletstorm reminds me of dark messiah of might and magic. Lots of knocking people into spikes, off rooftops and into fireplaces.  Still looks very cool.

The Phantom Eyebrow

What am I most looking forward to?

GT5:  An absolute must for me this one.

Last Guardian:  I'm intrigued I suppose at this stage.  No real clue what the game is like but given the pedigree of the developers, it might be a classic.

New Vegas:  Assuming it's not a buggy mess, this will be an essential purchase I think.

All that fancy-schmancy Move and Natal and 3D jiggery pokery can wait...

TheMarvell

so what did you guys think of this years E3? Who had the best and worst?

Overall, I found it pretty underwhelming. Almost everything covered was stuff already announced months ago, with a few exceptions here and there, and mostly from Nintendo.

A lot of other forums are basically saying Microsoft had the worst, followed by Sony, while Nintendo was fantastic. I'm not sure how much I agree with that, but I do agree Nintendo had the best one, if only because they were focused on showing new games and not new add-on hardware. I'm sorry, but Kinect and Move are aimed at a completely different demographic and are being invented only to cut into the Wii's success. My problem with that is the Wii's been out a while now. Why would anyone in that demographic want to spend more money on something so similar? But I digress.

Nintendo making new games from their huge library of popular characters isn't anything new, but it's cool they know their fanbase. However, I just don't understand how this is any different than Microsoft announcing another Halo or Gears, or Sony announcing another God of War.

The best part of E3, to me, was the 3DS. I've hated on 3D in the past, and I've never owned a handheld, but this sounds pretty damn cool, especially if it works as well as people at the show are claiming.

The worst part? Microsoft's lack of love for XBLA. Seriously. This years "Summer of Arcade" lineup sucks. (A new Tomb Raider diablo-esque game, Limbo, Monday Night Combat, the N64 racer game Hydro Thunder, and a new Castlevania that focuses on co-op and plays like a WoW raid) Where was Shank, Monkey Island 2, and Comic Jumper? Sony's lack of The Last Guardian is another let down too.

overall, pretty meh show imo

electro

Other than the lack of a few titles that I wanted to see like Batman AA 2 & Last Guardian it was pretty good - After seeing the Kinetic & Move i'm officially NOT getting either - The only games for those motion addons that was even mildly cool was the wizard game that sony showed & a brief video of a Star Wars game that microsoft showed - Plus i'm all about hardcore & precision in my games & I don't want to second guess if the motion controller is reading my commands correctly - I give this years E3 a B+ :blink:

BWPS

I haven't researched much, but I'd give it like a D+.
Move is ridiculous. NOBODY IS GOING TO BUY IT. If PS3 players wanted a Wii, they would have one. You can't show off super precise Tiger Woods games when it was done 2 years ago by Nintendo. I bet the hardware ends up being so expensive and a huge failure. Luckily they also concentrated on their upcoming games which were... trailers for sequels. MG: Rising looked neat but so much of it was in such early stages that it just felt like cutscenes. The only really awesome trailer I've seen recently was for the new Deus Ex, but that didn't even have gameplay footage.

Kinect- No, this is eye toy. It's not going to work how they pretended it will and there is no way it's going to sell because people already have Wiis and no one ever wanted an eye toy. It's not impressive and I could buy a baby tiger for the price of a baby tiger petting simulator. You have to stand to use it, people who might spend $150 on an accessory for XBox 360 don't like standing up. Those who do like standing up and playing dance games don't tolerate ANY kind of error, period. If their camera mistakes a dance step 1 in 1000 times, that's it, no DDR fan will play it ever.

Get ready for the real disappointment in some games that are otherwise good but rely on Sony and Microsoft pushing their stupid gimmicks.

Nintendo... well, the new Zelda looked bad, way worse than Twilight Princess. I'm hoping just because it's way early. I expect it to be pretty good and of course I'll get excited later. The swording seems better but I just hate controlling things other than swords or guns or like throwing pencils at bats before a timer goes out with the WiiMote.
People say 3DS sounds good, and I say DS is probably the best system out now. I haven't seen it in action because apparently you have to be there.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.