News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Right to left gaunlet change

Started by Failed_Hero, May 24, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Failed_Hero

Hey folks I'm trying to figure out how to create a copy of a gauntlet and mirror it from right to left? is there any way to hex to skope this?

Regards
F_H
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

Kenn

Yes there is, but it's complicated. 

1) Copy the piece.

2) In a hex editor, for the piece, there should be a set of coordinates, representing (in various orders) the three axes.  Usually they shopw up as 80 3f (14 bytes of binary zero) 80 3f (14 bytes of binary zero) 80 3f (two more bytes of binary zero) 80 3f [this last affects the whole mesh in all dimensions).   Change the one representing the x-axis to 80 BF (the values may change, if the byte in question is "BF" already change it to "3f".  This changes the orientation of the piece.  The problem is that the surface of the piece is orientated only one direction.   Whatever side of the piece you look at is invisible, but you can see the mirrored image of the reverse side through it.

3) This is the lengthy step.  Go into NIFskope.  Find the new copy of the piece.  Find the TriShape Data for the piece.  Under the "Block Details" there is an array called Triangles.  Explode the list so you can see the list of triangle.   If you right click on the triangle, there is an option called "Flip Face".  Repeat this with EVERY triangle for the piece.

Now, as it happens, I am aware of a community member who is working on a Mesh Inverter that will do this to whole meshes.  Once he has it working and ready to export, he plans on releasing it to the public.  Once that's available, then inverting the whole mesh, and then copying the piece from the inverted mesh to the uninverted mesh will work and simplify matters immensely.  AND if you are in a particular hurry, send an PM to this community member and he'll tell you where you can send the mesh you're working on, and use it as a "test case."
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.