News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Greetings Ye Forumers!

Started by CarpeGuitarrem, May 20, 2010, 05:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarpeGuitarrem

Well, this seems to be a ripe place to plant a "Hello, world!" flag, so I figured I'd introduce myself. Feel free to call me "Carpe", "CG", what suits you. I arrived at Freedom Force through Steam's advertisement of the game, and some reviews online that looked very promising. So far, I'm really liking it. Great game.

And I'm interested to see what mods can be made to it. I don't have a huge knowledge of traditional comic books, but I've seen exposure to a lot of different media, including a number of animated series such as Fullmetal Alchemist and Code Geass...as far as standard TV goes, I'm one of those Firefly fans you see around.

Let's see...what else...I play pen-and-paper RPGs, and am constantly on the lookout for new and interesting ones (and I've researched a whole lot, let me tell you). I play guitar...and I write.

That's it in a nutshell. So, greetings to the forum!

thalaw2

Hello, CG!  Welcome aboard the boards...hahaha!  Make yourself comfortable.
革命不会被电视转播

murs47

Gremlin

Huzzah for tabletop gaming. :thumbup: Welcome to the club!

Ares_God_of_War

Which Fullmetal Alchemist? The original series that diverges from the manga or the new series that follows the manga?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 20, 2010, 02:03:46 PM
Which Fullmetal Alchemist? The original series that diverges from the manga or the new series that follows the manga?
The new one, though I've seen a few episodes of the old one, and will watch it once I've finished some of my other stuff, like the second season of Geass and Cowboy Bebop.

Thanks, all, for the welcome! I guess I should mention that my current favorite comic stuff was The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, and Watchmen, though I also really enjoyed the first volume of Ultimate Spiderman (haven't read the rest).

BentonGrey

Howdy Carpe, and welcome to the boards!  You've come across one of the greatest online communities in the internet. :)  I'm pretty sure that the FF community has created pretty much anything you'd be interested in, and as far as moddability, well, what makes FF so great is the fact that it is just about infinitely customizable.  People have made mods of everything from The Matrix to the Legion of Superheroes, with pulp heroes, adventurers, and more mixed in.  Check out the master mods list in the Mods section, and feel free to post requests for any particular characters you might be looking for.  A huge variety have already been created.  Also, feel free to take up the creative banner yourself and make some of your own content.  Modding has never been easier, and if you've got an artistic flair, the skinners here are really great about helping new talent develop. :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cardmaster

Welcome welcome! Be prepared to learn a thing or two about the world of comicdom, have a good time and meet some of the greatest people you'll ever meet on the 'net. ;)

-CM :cardmaster
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

The Phantom Eyebrow

Ave there Carpe, welcome to the boards.

From your name I take it that you have some latin leanings, and are clearly a fan of the old six-string.  Is it a case of cogito ergo strum then?

CarpeGuitarrem

Quote from: The Phantom Eyebrow on May 20, 2010, 07:12:23 PM
Ave there Carpe, welcome to the boards.

From your name I take it that you have some latin leanings, and are clearly a fan of the old six-string.  Is it a case of cogito ergo strum then?

Ha, that's great. I like it.

@BentonGrey, yeah, I'm actually quite interested in skinning, read up on some tutorials, and since I've some artistic leanings, that's right up my alley. The mods look to be really interesting.

chuckles

Hi Carpe, I'm looking forward to seeing your first skin already.
Welcome aboard.

kkhohoho

Hey there! Nice to have you. Just remember to avoid the clones, as well that you're likely to be killed at least once. ;)

Seriously though, hope you have a good time. :)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

Ares_God_of_War

Quote from: CarpeGuitarrem on May 20, 2010, 04:57:19 PM
Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 20, 2010, 02:03:46 PM
The new one, though I've seen a few episodes of the old one, and will watch it once I've finished some of my other stuff, like the second season of Geass and Cowboy Bebop.

Thanks, all, for the welcome! I guess I should mention that my current favorite comic stuff was The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, and Watchmen, though I also really enjoyed the first volume of Ultimate Spiderman (haven't read the rest).

The new one and manga are getting ready to wrap up soon. I have been reading the manga so I am a few chapters ahead of the anime
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

The Hitman

Howdy howdy Carpe! Glad you came aboard!

CarpeGuitarrem

Wow, I gotta say...friendliest community reception I've seen in a long time. :D

Ares_God_of_War

Thats because we arent allowed to club seals anymore.

CarpeGuitarrem

Aw, but that sounds fun....

John Jr.

Welcome aboard! FR is one of the most friendly communities I ever seen, I'm sure you will like it.

Cardmaster

Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 21, 2010, 02:18:25 AM
Aw man, those were the days.....
Sah-WEEEEET!
www.ericstirpe.com

Sevenforce

Quote from: Cardmaster on May 21, 2010, 08:10:46 PM
Quote from: Ares_God_of_War on May 21, 2010, 02:18:25 AM
Aw man, those were the days.....

I preferred it when we were allowed to seal clubs. Much better, covering those wooden clubs in waxy seals ^^
I so need booze -_-

catwhowalksbyhimself

Friendly?   Whose being friendly?  I demand that this behavior stop immediately!

How is a cat ever going to get a nap around here if you guys keep being friendly?
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.