News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Rapid Fire

Started by BentonGrey, May 09, 2010, 05:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentonGrey

Howdy guys, how can I remove some contacts from an animation via nifskope?  I don't need to alter the animation at all, just make a three contact ranged animation only have a single one.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Kenn

Find, under the animation in question, the leave_hand1, leave_hand2, leave_hand3.  The names will vary slightly, but they'll all be leave_hand... (something).   Basically, remove the (something) portion so it just says "leave_hand" in all cases.

NifSkope will probably do this next part automatically, but if you're just using a hex editor, a few bytes earlier will have the length of the next node in hexadecimal "Leave_hand2" would say "0B".  "Leave_hand_03" would say "0C".  You'll need to change it to "0A" (or 10) the length of "Leave_Hand".
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

detourne_me

Here's another method, using nifskope.

1. Open the .kf in nifskope
2. make sure the block details are turned on.  Press 'F3' or go View > Block Details
3. open up the tree of the animation you want to change and click on the NiTextKeyExtraData

4. Shift your attention to the Block Details at the bottom of the screen and find the Num Text Keys Value
5. The value tells you how many parts are in the animation, for example a ranged animation with 3 shots will usually have a value of 5 (start, leave_hand, leave_hand_2, leave_hand_3, end)
6. Open the Text Keys tree, and open all of the other trees so you can see the different parts.
7. You will see at Time 0.000 there is the Value "start", maybe at Time 0.86 the Value is "leave_hand"
8. Find the End value and record the time,  this is IMPORTANT.
Also pick a good time in the timeline for your leave_hand to occur.

9. You will want to change the Num Text Keys value to 3 for a single shot ranged attack (start, leave_hand, end)
10. I usually would go to the third Text Key and make it my "end" Value with the Time of..whatever it was originally. You can do this for the second Text Key too, make it leave_hand and whatever time you wish.

11. Now change the Num Text Keys value from 5 to 3.
12. On the first Text Keys branch right click and go Array > Update
   This will remove the extra Text Keys from the tree.
13. Make sure the Values are set how you'd like and save your work.

I know these are a lot of steps but I wanted to break it down very simply.
With this method you can also add contacts/leave_hands or change them too,  that way you can have an attack be both melee and ranged.

BentonGrey

Thanks guys, I'll give this a shot soon!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/