News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Gun, gun, where's the gun?

Started by Naathez, April 17, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naathez

I'm using a Versatile Mesh, and its keyframes include the animation where the character takes out her gun, shoots it, and puts it back away. The gun, however, isn't visible in those animations. I located the image where the gun must be drawn (terror_bits.tga) and copypasted one from another skin which had it - but still, it doesn't appear. Obviously, I must do something else in Nifskope - what is it?

Note: if this can be useful, I noticed that in Nifskope, no node refers to the terror_bits.tga image, while it refers to other images, such as empress_bits.

As always, thanks in advance for any help you'll find the time to give!

electro

Some people hex there meshes to remove the gun/sword,shield,hair etc... to make the mesh ussable for characters who don't need that feature or hex them back on to use the feature again - Sounds like you have a hex of one of the versitile meshes - It would be easlier to help you if you gave the specific name of the mesh & where you located it at - My advice is to locate a versitile mesh that doesn't have the guns hexed off & then move your skin to it :blink:

daglob

This may be a double post.

I've scoped a gun into the TV mesh that doesn't have one and it worked. However, I used the gun from a TV mesh that had one, so the "branch" it was on was correct for the TV keyframes. You might get the gun from another TV mesh, or make the nodes in the gun you have scoped match the ones in the regular TV gun.

Cyber Burn

Tommy also makes most of his meshes to use the same keyframes (which my little pc appreciates), it's more than possible that the mesh/hex/scope that you are using may not have had a gun to begin with, but still includes the keyframes anyway. If you want a gun for a specific character, there are probably others that already have one.