News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

How can I add a texture to a Skope?

Started by John Jr., March 04, 2010, 05:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

Need help again, guys.
I have a skope who needs a new texture. I added a belt and need give him a texture, but it has no original "NiSourceTexture". How I can add it?
Thanks in advance!

laughing paradox

I'd like to know this, too!

I have a piece with no NiSourceTexture and I want to add glow to it.. but I think I need the NiSource to do that.

daglob

There is a "change texture" tutorial here:

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope/Change_texture

I used it as a guide, and added some new new textures to a mesh piece that referenced another TGA. The headwings on Female Versatile reference dragonwings.tga; there was no data I cold find that told me how. So I added the "purple flower" data shown in the tutorial and made it reference dragonwings2.tga.

It SEEMS to work.

area34

Okay. I have my comp back in action so I can see what I'm doing as I explain.

1- In the root, left click and go - Block - Insert- Nisourcetexture
Now you have at the bottom of your scene root a new NIsourcetexture. Go next to the purple flower thing and manually type the name of the file (male_basic.tga or whatever) and hit enter.

2- now go to the nitexturing property in the nitrishape block and scroll through the block details till you see
Base texture (your base texture) or
Gloss texture (your refl texture) or
Glow texture (your glow) *for glow and gloss you have to also make sure the "has Glow/Gloss texture" in the details is set to yes.
expand the group with the plus sign. Where it says source go to value and manually type the number that is the value of the Nisourcetexture you created (it's the number next to the Nisourcetexture in the root list). If you typed it right the Nisourcetexture will move into the nitexturing property.

That's how you can add the shiny or glow or I guess the actual base texture (though why that would be missing is strange).

John Jr.

kpetti11

is there a way to set up the nif to use a standard skin, like the skins in the game do? i have my mesh, and in nifskope i set the name of the file, but when i put a skin>standard folder in the character folder, the tool doesn't recognize it. I have to assign the actual file path in nifskope to see it skinned in the creator tool. I was just wondering if it was possible so i could make more skins for this character. Thanks!

GogglesPizanno

I know in the options there is a place to set up paths that nifskope will look for skins... Other, better skopers can probably help you with that as I have very little luck getting it set up right. I normally just save a copy of the texture in the same location as the nif while Im working on it (as it will load the texture from there), and then move it to the proper location when I'm done.