News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Moving a bone?

Started by John Jr., March 25, 2010, 12:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Jr.

I made my first skope recently, my Superboy skope is just a skinnier body pasted over Ren's Superman (and thanks again to Area34 for teaching me this trick), but the skope has a little problem. Superboy's left leg is kinda off position. How I can re-position the leg? I'm only a beginner in Nif Skope, so sorry if it's a stupid question.

daglob

Actually, I've noticed that problem with any mesh with REN's Superman KF.

John Jr.

Kenn

The leg might be repositioned a little.   However, the question becomes which direction should it be moved, and how might that affect other animations?

If you want to try, it would be to do a Transform, Edit on the BIP 01 L Thigh.

I just tried it on a mesh and the transform didn't seem to make a difference.

That said, I was using a male_cape based mesh using the keyframes that are Ren's Superman Keys for male_cape, not the actual Ren's Superman keys.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Kenn

One thing that you might try is, rather than moving the bone, resizing the bones.   If you make the Scale on the Thigh 0.95, and then the scale on the calf 1.09, the changes effectively cancel each other out as far as the size and position of the foot.  But what it does do is make the thigh smaller in every dimension, so the distortion on the thigh should be less pronounced.   It also raises the knee and makes the calf seem a little longer, which makes the proportions different than "just" a shrunken adult - but rather someone still developing.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

AfghanAnt

It's the keyframes not the mesh. :(

John Jr.

Quote from: AfghanAnt on March 26, 2010, 12:13:10 AM
It's the keyframes not the mesh. :(

I noticed, AA. I "fixed" it in Nifskope, but when I opened in CTool the leg just "moved away". I tried the skope with a different keyframes set and the leg fixed itself. Luckily the problem is only perceptible in Ctool and  I cannot see it in the game itself, because I don't think it can be fixed without changing the kfs
Thanks to Daglob, Kenn and AA for the tips.

John Jr.

Got it! Since the problem was an incompatibility between the mesh and Ren's Superman keyframes, and I really wanted to use the kfs I changed the mesh.
Thanks to Johnny Patches tutorial about changing heads I was able to use my original skope's head with Ren's Invincible body. The leg is almost perfect now.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!