News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Four Member Teams

Started by hoss20, March 14, 2010, 02:58:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

I have a bunch of 7, 8, or more member teams (Avengers, JLA, X-Men, etc.), but I was looking for more 4 person teams. I like to run Watch Mode Rumble Room tournaments and would like to create a bracket for smaller teams. Currently, I only have the Fantastic Four, Frightful Four, U-Foes, and the Wrecking Crew. I'm more familiar with Marvel, but would also like some DC flavor. Wasn't there a Fearsome Five that took on the Teen Titans? Anyway, I would love your guys input. I'm not as up on my current stuff as I should be, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of recent small teams in the last few years. Thanks for the help, everybody.

USAgent

Looking through my Hero file collection I came accross these teams that I have 4 to 6 members for:

Ani men
Allaince of evil
Battle Axis
Femme Fatales
Force of nature
Great Lakes avengers
Metal Men
Next Wave
People's Defense Force
Reavers
Skeleton Crew
Star Jammers
1950'S Avengers

Kenn

One four person team I like to dig out regularly: the Super Friends:

"In the great Hall of the Justice League, there are assembled the world's four greatest heroes, created by the cosmic forces of the universe...
Superman...
Wonder Woman...
Batman...
Aquaman...
[And those three junior Super Friends: Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog]
Their mission is to fight injustice, to right that which is wrong and to serve all mankind."
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Tawodi Osdi

With DC, most teams were gargantuan in number, but the original Doom Patrol, the original Teen Titans and the Challengers of the Unknown.  Otherwise you would have go with the buddy factor.  Teaming up different heroes with those they are most likely to pal around with.

If you want a team centered around the silver aged Flash, you could Kid Flash, Green Lantern, and Elongated Man.

For Hawkman, you could have Hawkgirl/woman, Atom, and Aquaman.

Batman had Superman and the entire Batfamily.

Ditto for Superman.

With Green Lantern, Black Canary, Green Arrow, and either Speedy or another GL.

For Captain Marvel, you could have Mary, Jr, and another Fawcett hero.

laughing paradox

As mentioned before, you can also use incarnations of huge teams. \

Avengers: Captain America's Kooky Quartet, with Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye and Quicksilver.

Or Captain America, Gilgamesh, Invisible Woman and Mr Fantastic

Or the New Fantastic Four, with Hulk, Wolverine, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider

Or Heroes for Hire: Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Misty Knight, White Tiger, a few others.

JLA's Fire, Ice, Blue Beetle and Booster Gold (with Guy Gardner)

There are a lot you could choose from. You could even look at the Contest of Champions for some various team ups.

Tawodi Osdi

It might even be interesting to incarnations of the same character versus the incarnations of another character.  There are plenty of characters with 4 or more incarnations: Superman, Batman, Hulk, Ironman, Hank Pym, and so forth.

Kenn

Quote from: Tawodi Osdi on March 14, 2010, 07:13:38 PM

My Uncle Marvel will be released soon.

chuckles

There's also...
The Doom Patrol
Challengers of the Unknown
The Forever People

Tawodi Osdi

Quote from: Kenn on March 16, 2010, 01:05:14 AM

Cool, I have your Cap, Cap Jr, Mary, and Lt's.  It would be great to add ole Unc to the collection.

daglob

Quote from: Kenn on March 16, 2010, 01:05:14 AM

Good. I'll take him off my list.

doctorchallenger

Filmation's Freedom Force: http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/f/freeforc.htm

Just have to choose between Super Samurai and Sinbad.

Kenn

Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer (Defenders)

Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Adam Strange, Alanna (Mystery in Space team-up)

Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, Nightshade, Question (Sentinels of Justice, circa 1983)

Black Cat, War Nurse, Shock Gibson, and Captain Freedom (from the Japanese Invasion of Los Angeles)

Dynamo, Lightning, NoMan, Raven [or Menthor] (T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents)

Minute Man, Bulletman, Bulletgirl, Captain Marvel Jr.   (The Crime Crusaders Club)

Superman, Batman, Robin, Jimmy Olsen

Spider-Man, Ice Man, Firestar and... [has anyone done a Ms. Lion skope yet?]

Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Superboy (original Legion of Super-Heroes)

Liberty Belle, Johnny Quick, Firebrand, Robotman [or Commander Steel] (core All-Star Squadron)

hoss20

Thanks for all the input, gang. I took mainly USAgent's suggestions and decided on:
Ani-Men (great meshes)
Alliance of Evil
Doom Patrol
Fatal Five
Fearsome Five
Next Wave (mainly because AA had all the meshes/skins in their current form)
Reavers
Starjammers

These teams plus the four I've already got will give me twelve. I think I'll also go with Kenn's idea of the original Legion and Defenders (although, honestly, I think the Defenders will kick the crap out of all the other teams). I was interested in the Femme Fatales and Force of Nature. Unfortunately, I could only find one mesh/skin for each (Knockout for FF and Aquaduct for FoN). If I could find these and add the other two, that would give me a nice, even 16 team bracket. Thanks for all the help. Altough, I may not have taken your suggestions, I still really appreciate you trying to help out.

USAgent

The Femme Fatales are here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/USAgentskins2/files/
And I just sent the Aquaduct skin I had to the emailk address in your profile.

hoss20

Aw, man, you're too awesome. In all my searching, I completely forgot to check your Yahoo site. Now, I have to decide which skin to use for Aquaduct (yours or the one that came with the VX mesh). Yours looks to be more adaptable to use for the other members of the group (with some adjustments, of course). Thanks a lot for sending it and pointing me in the direction of the Femme Fatales. I really appreciate your help.

On a side note, is the Superboy in the Legion, more or less, kind of a slightly scaled down version of Superman (power-wise)? Most of the info I find for Superboy is for the current version, who seems a lot weaker strength-wise, but can create force fields. I'm, obviously, not that familiar with the character, so this last little bit of help from you guys would, once again, be appreciated.

USAgent

Oops, I meant to send you the skins/meshes of the Force of nature you didn't have not the one you already had :doh:
I'll get the others to you sometime today.

Kenn

Quote from: hoss20 on March 19, 2010, 04:03:29 AM
On a side note, is the Superboy in the Legion, more or less, kind of a slightly scaled down version of Superman (power-wise)? Most of the info I find for Superboy is for the current version, who seems a lot weaker strength-wise, but can create force fields. I'm, obviously, not that familiar with the character, so this last little bit of help from you guys would, once again, be appreciated.

I'm suddenly feeling very old.

Yes, from 1945 until 1985, DC published Superboy as "the Adventures of Superman when was a boy."   And it was in his feature that the "super-hero club" soon named the Legion of Super-Heroes was introduced.   So yes, that Superboy is essentially a slightly scaled down Superman.

daglob

Hoss is probably being misled by the all the crisises and zero hours and retcons and stuff, and doesn't quite realize that Superman has had at least three different life histories, one of which had him operating as a teenager.

Yeah, they thought things were complicated before...

hoss20

Thanks again, guys. I guess for Superboy Classic, I'll just take my Superman hero file and knock things down one or two notches. Thanks for sending the FON skins, USAgent. That saves me some work. Thanks again to everybody. I really appreciate it.