News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Skoping Query...

Started by cmdrkoenig67, March 08, 2010, 07:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmdrkoenig67

HI Freedom Folks,

I'd like to skope a torch into the free hands of a few meshes...The torch would basically be a medium length stick (a wand or short staff or something like that) with flame fx on the end and the ambient lighting of the pumpkin lanterns of Red Oktober's hide-out.

I can Skope/hex the stick part of the torch, but my question is...How can I Skope in the fire fx and the light?

Thank you to those who can assist me.

Dana

GogglesPizanno

Being at work, I cant give you specific instructions, but Ive done similar things before, just find a mesh that has the flame emitter/lighting that you like (like the glowing jack o lanterns) and copy the relevant nodes. It probably will take some trial and error, but its really not that different from any other kind of skoping.

cmdrkoenig67

I was considering trying to take the flame and lighting from one of El Diablo's hands...I'll give it a try (I'll just have to remember to make copies of the original mesh, in case I kill it...LOL!).

Dana

laughing paradox

I would suggest using Black Hand by Ren, as it has a 'torch' with an fx already. You can replace the actual handheld torch of the mesh with any piece you decide.. much easier than moving and positioning fx's.

cmdrkoenig67

Any idea where I can find Ren's Black Hand mesh?...I can't seem to locate him.

Dana

area34

It was one that was on the Toybox only.
If you Pm me your Email (I'm not sure if your email addy is in my contact list) and I'll send it to you.

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you Area34...My email is in my profile (or below, if all else fails).

Dana

cmdrkoenig67@yahoo.com

area34

cmdrkoenig67

Thank you, Area.

Best.

Dana