News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Chicago area peeps,I need some help.

Started by Bloodshadow, March 08, 2010, 08:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodshadow

Heres my situation,I've been collecting for a long time,about 30 years.In the past couple of years I have begun a signature series collection that is now growing nicely,the problem I have is a severe lack of space.My wife suggested to me getting rid of a lot of my ungraded comics to make space for the new load of graded stuff I'm working on now(and sketches,figures,etc.)I agree completely and am now looking to my peeps in the Chicago area to suggest a good charity or some such organization or person to receive about 3-4 thousand comics :blink:I would prefer that it be someone or someones that doesn't have much to begin with,somebody that would appreciate the comics and enjoy them as much as I have.
I don't want anything in return,except maybe the joy of helping others in need,I'm going for the Chicago area because its in driving distance for me to drop these boxes off to whomever ;)
Thanks for any help or suggestions peeps! :cool:

Oh duh,this should be in General Discussion,Its very late. :banghead:If a mod could move this,Thank You.

BlueBard

I'm not in Chicago, but... might a library be interested in taking at least some of those?  Or Google for local reading programs?
STO/CO: @bluegeek

Kenn

I'm just outside Chicagoland (or just barely in it) but I have enough problems with my own collection.
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.

Bloodshadow

Thanks for the assist BB :thumbup:
don't know why I didn't think of that,but heck I haven't slept in 15 days :wacko:(Gotta love insomnia)
I do have a recipient now for a couple thousand,A children's hospital,not in Chicago but some kids that definately need some smiles. :thumbup:
I still have a bunch to get rid of but at least this will get me started nicely :D

Tawodi Osdi

Maybe, some sort of children's hospice would appreciate them.

Kenn

Quote from: Bloodshadow on March 12, 2010, 09:15:20 PM
I do have a recipient now for a couple thousand,A children's hospital,not in Chicago but some kids that definately need some smiles. :thumbup:

That is fantastic!!!!
My Amazing Woman - A Romantic Comedy of Super Heroic Proportions.

Also what Lightning Man and Kenn-X have been doing lately.