News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Help! (Installing Exiles mod with Steam)

Started by Drani2007, April 02, 2010, 12:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drani2007

Can someone show me what the shortcut should look like? I have the exiles folder in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\freedom force vs. the 3rd reich already, and my shortcut won't work.
So, it looked like this: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\freedom force vs. the 3rd reich\ffvt3r.exe" -Exiles -log -applaunch 8890

Whiles the original shortcut that works is: "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 8890

I haven't seen others on the forums who use the -applaunch part on their own, but I can't apply the shortcut without it.

Note that the first shortcut that does not work would play the opening credits without sound, then go to a black screen where the main menu should come up.

Help ASAP! I do have EZFX installed for  :ffvstr: already.

GogglesPizanno

Try:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\freedom force vs. the 3rd reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Exiles -log -applaunch 8890

You were missing the 'game' parameter to specify the Exiles Mod folder.

Now, I dont have the Steam version, but i assume the -applaunch parameter is for that, though I'm not sure.

Drani2007

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on April 02, 2010, 12:40:09 AM
Try:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\freedom force vs. the 3rd reich\ffvt3r.exe" -game Exiles -log -applaunch 8890

You were missing the 'game' parameter to specify the Exiles Mod folder.

Now, I dont have the Steam version, but i assume the -applaunch parameter is for that, though I'm not sure.

When I use that, the game does the same thing with no sound in the opening credits and then a black screen at the main menu. The folder is indeed called Exiles, though, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Edit: I copied and pasted yours, and presto! When I added game to mine, it didn't work though. Thanks, I'll figure out what else was wrong with it.