The latest news on the FF since *censored* was killed off (contains spoilers)

Started by GhostMachine, February 10, 2011, 01:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

I just read a news article from the National Post via a link on my iGoogle homepage, and apparently the Fantastic Four is going to be renamed the Future Foundation, with Spider-Man joining as Johnny's replacement. The team will also be getting re-designed uniforms with a new logo.

Ugh.

Previsionary

... Well, is Spidey leaving the Avengers. Him joining the Fan4 is a nice callback to an earlier, more innocent time. It doesn't necessarily bother me, but I don't particularly want it either. Also, every year, they move Spidey further and further away from what fans initially clung to. They might as well rename him.

*if all of this is true.
Disappear when you least expe--

Podmark

CBR's article on it.

I'm not reading Hickman Fantastic Four so my feelings on all of this are pretty minimal. Actually I've never had much interest in the FF regardless. Hickman's run does interest me to some degree though, but I doubt I'll be reading it anytime soon.
This development is mildy interesting to me though. The new look is kinda neat, very cutting edge look to me, but I'm not sure if I like it. On the other hand I do always like change and development in stories so this kinda cool.

Spidey on the FF...I like the idea a little bit as a short term thing and it's probably more fitting to me then him being an Avenger, but honestly without him and Johnny being there together it doesn't have the same appeal. I'm very invested in Amazing Spider-Man right now so having him branch off into yet another book isn't my favorite thing as it's more books I should pay attention to.

So I guess I'm very mildly pro on this development at the moment.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Perfect. The Future Foundation has been the most interesting aspect of FF thus far. Excellent news.

Courtnall6

The Human Torch is "dead" and there is no longer a "Fantastic Four" in the Marvel Universe? Man, its just getting worse by the second over there.
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

laughing paradox

I love the costume design, the concept behind it and I'm definitely going to buy the first issue. It seems Leech and one of the Power Pack (Alex?) are also along for the ride.

The design kind of reminds me of an optimistic X-Force look.

ow_tiobe_sb

Every fibre of my being tells me not to trust that smile plastered on Reed's face. *shiver*

*returns to eating his Bran 'n' Broccoli ™ cereal*

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

docdelorean88

I definitely think this is a nice temporary story line...i hope it doesn't last too long. I actually don't think it will. I actually like the idea, but not as a permanent fix. But as a temporary gap filler, that wouldn't be too bad. I actually hate the name Future Foundation...with a passion... but the suit designs aren't tooooo terrible.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

GhostMachine

Read the CBR article and I sort of like the costume designs. Seeing Spider-Man in a team outfit is weird, though.

yell0w_lantern

Yellow Lantern smash!

BWPS

I don't know who is enjoying these "Spider-Man in a team" books, but it doesn't seem to fit. Team-ups are great for him, but he shouldn't be part of the F4 or the Avengers. White costume looks ridiculous. I don't care what happens to the F4, they're Marvel's weakest property. Their interesting characters are Dr. Doom and Namor. The way they're written, they'd be better if they didn't even have powers since Reed's tech is so ridiculously advanced anyway. I'm not saying no good F4 stories are out there, I just personally haven't read them.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Tawodi Osdi

I haven't seriously read comic books in ages, but two characters that did not belong in a permanent team were Spiderman and Daredevil.  Spiderman may play well with others, but being a part of regular team roster and showing up for meetings never really seemed to fit his character, and Daredevil, though he shared the same city as everyone else, he never really seemed to share the same world.  Apart from his Daredevil and Black Widow days, he is definitely a lone wolf type.  Besides, who knows how being around too many other heroes would mess up his super senses.