Comic Book Movie - the Next 365 Days

Started by Midnite, February 12, 2010, 11:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Comic Book Movie - the Next 365 Days

This year, film studios have scheduled the release of 10 comic book movies, and several have nothing to do with superheroes, yet are based on comics nonetheless. While Marvel is building its roster of caped crusaders with its sequel Iron Man 2, other comic book publishers are hoping audiences will begin to realize a lot of the non-superhero movies they watch are also based upon comic books.

BWPS

I pretty much live for superhero movies. Just reading about the possibilities makes me all happy. I had no idea Brian Singer was going to direct X-Men: First Class. That's all kinds of good news. I'm also incredibly psyched about Captain America, Iron Man 2, and Avengers.

But as far as X-Men: First Class goes, I'd hope they can do well with some of the least interesting X-Men at their least interesting points in time. Those characters themselves need reboots.

Zodiac was a good movie. I don't know how well screenplay writing goes from a 4-hour drama about a mediocre serial killer to mfing Spider-Man, but I don't have high hopes.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.