News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Of Shuriken & Batarang

Started by freegentile, January 25, 2010, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freegentile

Hey, guys...added Batman & Robin to the ffx3 Mappack mod per Courtnall's Robin setup & TM_Batman (something) INK from Dark Intentions & they look really really cool. Great work in both regards. Love Batman's ability to use a bat-rope w/ the Flier attribute. However, I noted that w/ Batman & Robin, if I use the built-in FX in this mappack mod, the FFX_Batarang choice, like batarang_begins, batarang_forever, batarang_explosive, bat_bola, etc., when I assign that fx, I see the white shuriken in front of the character in the preview window on the left...Batman & Robin in this case. It also shows in gameplay. I can get it to stop showing if I keep Batman on the ground, but then if he gets airborne & uses his rope, & throws batarangs from the air, white shuriken again. Do I have to just not use any of the batarang fx's. I don't know if it's something about this Batman skin/mesh that does this or if it's the FX in this mappack mod. Veddy veddy interesting. I appreciate any pointers.

freegentile

Previs, anyone else, you ever experience anything like this on your 9-batarang fx pack?

Trelau

I've got the same problem with a bunch of meshes. I don't know if it's a fx problem or a keyframe problem; but as soon as i use a projectile attack, the character ends up with a white shuriken flotting in front of him, and following him around for the rest of the game.
I though it was a pretty common bug, and since nobody else complained...but if there's a fix to get rid of this, i'd definitly want to know what it is

Previsionary

Disappear when you least expe--

JKCarrier

Try going into the batarang fx folder and removing the start.nif, and see if that fixes it.

Trelau

damn! i've could ave gone years without asking about this. i deleted the start.nif from all the glitchy fx i found, and it works perfectly now.
i hope it worked for freegentile too

freegentile

Whew, I'm glad it's an issue that's known & documented w/ a fix. I had copied Captain America over into my main mod last night & noted the issue w/ his shield throw, as well!  Thank you guys for the blessing of your help & expertise!

herodad1

yeah, thanks! ive had the same problems with bat and boomerangs also.

freegentile

Removing start.nif in all the affected fx's did the trick. Now to install that way cool Batarang 9-pack...