Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Black Widow cover

Started by Mr. Hamrick, February 13, 2010, 05:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Hamrick

Just wanted to share this:
Spoiler

The model used for the artwork is a good friend of mine named Miracole Burns.  Her husband is an actor friend of mine named Chris Burns.  The two of them frequently do work like this where they dress up as characters from comics and do promotional work and (well, her at least) modeling.  They do more Marvel work than DC.  (Something I think I am going to start giving them heck about.)

Anyways, if I understand it right, this will be the cover of an upcoming comic involving Black Widow.  Anyone have details?  I mean aside from the title name.  Is it a reboot to the character?  A tie in to her Iron Man appearance of sorts.  Just curious as I thought her origin story had been told before.

crimsonquill

Cool news, Hamrick..

The series gets more in detail about her childhood and the government agency that took her that trained her to be one of the best killers and secret agents they had. Plus it ties into the Captain America storyline with Bucky's Return as it establishes that Black Widow worked with him when he was still a Russian assassin and they developed a relationship between each other over many many years. I'll give you more details but I need to reread what issues I have gotten first.

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

murs47

Has that series concluded yet?

Previsionary

Quote from: murs47 on February 13, 2010, 06:15:11 PM
Has that series concluded yet?

next week, budderoono. Next week.
Disappear when you least expe--

murs47

Cool, I'll probably pick them all up next week. I didn't know it had a strong connection to Bucky's time as the Winter Soldier otherwise I would have snatched it up when it started.

Mr. Hamrick

i may see if Mr. and Mrs. Burns mind me posting some of their other work here.  I doubt they will since they post stuff on facebook all the time.  Apparently, there are a few "fan covers" created from that Black Widow shoot.  Starting to wonder if that cover is legit.

yikes.  either way, they do good work.

JKCarrier

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on February 14, 2010, 12:54:03 AM
Apparently, there are a few "fan covers" created from that Black Widow shoot.  Starting to wonder if that cover is legit.

Doesn't look like it is. Here's the actual cover:
http://www.comics.org/issue/688601/cover/4/?style=default

Quoteeither way, they do good work.

No argument there, I've seen Miracole on various cosplay sites, and her outfits always look great.

Outcast

Google searched Miracole Burns and found a lot of cool cosplay pictures of her. :cool:

Didn't know they used live models as reference to draw comic covers. :)

Mr. Hamrick

She does more than just cosplay costumes, of course.  She actually worked in the costume department on the TV show "Past Life" that debuted on FOX last week as a PA.  Her husband Chris also was a PA on the show.

The duo are trying to get onto the Green Lantern set to work.

Quote from: Outcast on February 14, 2010, 02:54:49 AM
Google searched Miracole Burns and found a lot of cool cosplay pictures of her. :cool:

funny thing is... she just set up that page within the past 48 hours.  LOL!

lugaru

Costume work is great, in particular I like her as Black Cat, Wonder Woman and Mystike (the make up is great). Very cool all around.